We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vil Uyana

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vil Uyana

Vil Uyana has Water, Paddy and Marsh dewellings. We are getting Marsg dewelling as others are already booked on the dates that we want. Has anyone stayed in Marsh dwellings? How are they? Worth going Vil Uyana for that? Seems to me that Paddy and water dewellings are much nicer!

Thanks.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vil Uyana

have you read the reviews on this site ..?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g304141-d642314…

cant help personally as havent stayed there

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vil Uyana

Yes I did but none mentions about March Dwellings. All the reviews either talk about Water and/or paddy or in general about Vil Uyana. Nothing whatsoever about Marsh Dwellings hence was my request for info.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Leeds
Level Contributor
192 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vil Uyana

Hi, we stayed in a paddy dwelling so I can't comment on the Marsh dwellings, although I think that they are identical other than their location on the resort, and some of the Marsh dwellings don't have a plunge pool.

I loved our room there. However, the real beauty of Vil Uyana is outside the room, not in it - so is it worth going to Vil Uyana? In my opinion, yes! Just wandering around the trails in early morning or at dusk (AFTER applying insect repellent!) is fantastic.

If the plunge pool is important for you - we did use ours to cool down after trips out, before walking round to the (beautiful) main pool for a proper swim - then you could ask for a Marsh room with a plunge pool.

In terms of location on the resort, some of the rooms were a little way from the restaurant, however I do recall seeing a golf buggy that would go and collect guests. It's not that big a resort, but if you found it troublesome walking in the heat (or if it rained) then the buggy might be handy.

Vil Uyana is a beautiful base for Sigiriya, Habarana and Polonnaruwaa. If thought it was a very special place.......

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vil Uyana

Thank you. You really highlighted a good point that

the beauty of Vil Uyana is not in the rooms but outside so even I don't get the Marsh room with pool, it is OK. We will enjoy the outdoors which one must do anyways in these type of resorts. Thank you so much.

Somwhere
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vil Uyana

Hi, I haven't stayed here but it looks like it gets really good reviews. I found a picture of the marsh dwelling:

http://www.suite101.com/view_image.cfm/643386

It looks like it does have a private pool.

And acoording to the website it appears the paddy and marsh dwelling are one and the same;

jetwinghotels.com/jetwingviluyana/accommodat…

i.e you can choose either a water dweling, a marsh/paddy dwelling or a forest dwelling. Only 3 choices...

HOpe this helps.

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vil Uyana

Thank you. The Marsh Dwelling pix looks great. I think I will ok with Marsh dwelling pool or no pool. I was trying to get Paddy since Forest and Water cost a bit more per night - we are staying 3 nights and it adds up. Though latter two should be awesome.

Essex
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Vil Uyana

Hi

please could you advise on which insect repellant is the best to use?

We have also been advised by our doctor that we do not need to take anti- malaria tablets, do you think this is wise??

Any other advise on sight seeing in the area would be welcome

Thank you

Sharon

8. Re: Vil Uyana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, July 25, 2010