We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kandy b & B highly recommended

Atherton, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kandy b & B highly recommended

I have now been to Sri Lanka 8 times from Australia, and can highly recommend a B & B in Kandy.

Send me a message if you want any further contact details. Right next door to Hotel Suisse, 10 mins walk to city centre.

England
Level Contributor
27 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kandy b & B highly recommended

Interested to know about guest houses near the following

Kandy area or Ratnapurra plus

Sigirya

Tissamaharama

We want to do a circular tour starting Columbo - Galle - Yala - Worlds end - Kandy - Sigirya -? - Colombo

Atherton, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kandy b & B highly recommended

Could not go wrong staying at the following B & B in Kandy.

Salon Dil (Mrs Padmini) Phone (081) 2203186 or mobile

(07) 73588030.

10 min walk to the city. very safe and quiet location. Has about 4-5 rooms only.

Rates approx. only - 2000 rupees per night for room, and 350-400 per person for breakfast.

Can also recommend a great local tuk tuk driver in Kandy who won't rip you off either, and he can also arrange car transport to tourist spots if you are interested. Great genuine guy.

Hope this helps

titirangi
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kandy b & B highly recommended

Thank you - very interested. Are we not allowed to suggest on the forum?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,450 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kandy b & B highly recommended

Suggestions are fine, by genuine tourists. However 50% or more of the 'suggestions' in this TA forum are selfpromotions, either visible or scams using fake tourist names. Hence the forum regulars are careful/cautious about it, sorry...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Atherton, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kandy b & B highly recommended

Hi Erik. I can definitely confirm there is no scam or interest in my comments

about recommending a certain B & B in Kandy.

My intentions were to assist any tourist looking for a safe, clean and friendly

place to stay without being ripped off. I am from Australia and have no

other interest except to enjoy my visits to beautiful Sri Lanka.

This is a genuine posting, and can highly recommend this B & B if anyone wants further info. Regards - Geoff, Cairns, Australia.

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kandy b & B highly recommended

I don't think there has ever been any doubt about your posting dumfounded. If there was, I am sure someone would have had it removed by now! It is usually easy enough to tell the genuine ones and we always welcome tips on new places to stay ... especially good budget guest houses at a time when prices are rocketing out there. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sue

Edited: 5:15 am, March 10, 2012
7. Re: Kandy b & B highly recommended

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, June 18, 2013