We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knuckles Range Guides

London
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Knuckles Range Guides

I will be visiting Sri Lanka at the end of April and was interested in visiting Knuckles Range for a day trek. I wondered if anyone knows a good 'reasonably' priced guide they could recommend. So far the prices I have seen, $60 per person per day, seem pretty expensive.

Any help is much appreciated!

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knuckles Range Guides

Hi Smashingp

Although I've no personal experience of them, I've had good feedback from people who have stayed at this place in the Knuckles .. and I see they also arrange treks. It's a modestly priced place and I would think they could well be reasonably competitive on price for a Knuckles day trek. Might be worth an enquiry at least...

greenviewholidayresort.com/facilities.html

Sue

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knuckles Range Guides

Hi

One of my best friends in Sri Lanka is a guide who often takes people into the Knuckles. His name is Saminda and he is based in Kandy. I have done a one day visit with him and he is very knowledgeable - it is a stunning area. He can also arrange longer visits including visiting the Veddha people. You can check his web site at www.comevisitsrilanka.shutterfly.com or send him an email to samnuwan2003@hotmail.com. I would hiope he could give you a better price for the trip. One way to keep the cost down is to go by 3 wheeler. we did this and it was good fun, though only for one or two people of course.

3. Re: Knuckles Range Guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 18, 2012