We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

few questions about heritance

Which Kandy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
franlaura
12 posts
Save Topic
few questions about heritance

Hi,

Were gettin married at the heritance ahungalla in july and we wondered if anyone knew a good photographer out there? we keep asking the hotel and they just keep saying pictures are included in our package but we want some professional ones taken.

Also does anyone know the spa prices of the hotel?

and also can you buy a lot of cheap clothes out there?

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: few questions about heritance

Hi there...

Wedding photographs at HA are indeed included in your package, and a local professional would be hired to take them, there is also a local professional shop in village should you wish to hire him as an addition, can't remember name of shop though, sorry.., but ask to see examples of previous weddings there at HA , they have them in an album.

Spa prices?, not 100% sure as i don't use it that much, but recently had a Full Body Balinese Massage there and the cost was $55.00, but really good, nice friendly Balinese girls staff the place..

Clothes??, best would be to take a trip either to Ambalangoda, or Aluthgama, both around 20 minutes or so from HA in either direction, not much in local village itself, a few shops selling clothing, but really meant for locals..

Hope this helps..

Regards

Dave

Just back from a 6 week stay at HA, where usually i get the job i photographing events for them !, but sadly not around there in July

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: few questions about heritance

Hi.

I married at the heritance in 2003 and used the local photographers. They did both video and stills and the quality was better than I expected from a country that does not have the facilities we have back home. If things are still the same, you will get an album with LOADS of pictures AND the negatives. It worked best for us to get lots of enlargements made up in Ambalangoda to give away, and then used the negatives to have a western album made back in England.

Hope your wedding goes well

Steve

3. Re: few questions about heritance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 13, 2010