We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic

I'm now worried as I've booked to go to Ramada Resort (golden sun resort) in July and thinking it wouldn't change much after it had gone to Ramada, but reading recent reports it doesn't sound as if its kept its reputation up.

Please can anyone reassure me ..............after spending lots of money and I'm taking my 2 children along was hoping it would be excellent.

Thanks for any info

Caz and Family

Level Contributor
18 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Worried!

Have a look at the comprehensive review of the Ramada that I have just posted.

The Ramada is fine, except if you want to find things wrong. The problem at the moment is that the holiday prices for Sri Lanka are so cheap that they are attracting people just on price, not necessarily the type of people who want a Sri Lanka holiday. So I agree with some of the other contributors above, that these people should stick to the Cost del Sol, etc.

Look forward to your holiday at the Ramada, because you will enjoy it. And get out to meet some of the Sri Lankans because they are lovely people.

To repeat my review conclusion - the Ramada is not 5-star pampered luxury, it's more 4-star comfort. We have been to better all inclusives, but they are 3 or 4 times the price.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Worried!

Hi everyone

I could NOT not agree more with A Hassall's post, they are 100% correct about this hotel, and yes i did read thier review too, and found it to be a truthful set of comments, in fact i have forwarded it to Upul, the general manager of Ramada Resort for him to take a look at.

He will know where they "appear" to be failing right now, and i am sure knowing him as well as i do he will even now be working to correct things.

Yes, the Ramada is maybe a little short on where it should be right now, but it is in no way like some others have described it, far from it.

Will i be staying there again??, ABSOLUTELY, in fact in June this year for another long weekend.

So take it from me, this is a VERY good comfortable hotel, and yes, there is some fab deals there right now, actually it is sold out for months to come, and many will be like me and staying there for yet another time!

No, Ramada is NOT 5 star,and never pretends to be, but is a lovely place to stay, with many lovely people staffing it too, unlike what other people have said about them!!, VERY unkind indeed, they are fabulous there, trust me!!.

Get answers to your questions about Kalutara