We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in Hikkaduwa in January

Which Hikkaduwa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Squaw Valley...
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Topic
Accommodations in Hikkaduwa in January

I've done a bit of research but trying to decide between staying at Sunbeach Hotel or Drifter's Hotel. I know they are located in different areas on the beach. My husband and I are in our late 50's. We like to swim in the ocean and will body surf and try surfing if the waves aren't too big or breaking too far offshore. We like sun loungers and shade on or near the beach (ok with renting if necessary) and restaurants on or near the sand.

Rooms available:

Sunbeach - Oceanview or Ground floor (view?)

Drifter's - Pool side

Any thoughts ... pros / cons?

Thank you!

Hannover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in Hikkaduwa in January

New drifters Hotel located on good beach stretch which a lot of restaurants, but hotel between Galle Rd. and railway track.

2. Re: Accommodations in Hikkaduwa in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hikkaduwa