We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hikka / Mirrisa in late Oct / Nov - very busy?

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hikka / Mirrisa in late Oct / Nov - very busy?

Hi all

Just wondered if late October - mid November is a good time to visit Hikka / Mirrisa area.... I was in Hikka last March and loved it because it wasn't too busy - I was told by the locals that in peak season it's a completely different place. I don't want it to be too busy so hoped that at the start of the season this might be the case? If anyone has any experience of this time of year can you let me know pls?

Thanks

angie

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hikka / Mirrisa in late Oct / Nov - very busy?

Hi,

Late October/November is in the 2nd inter monsoon season with quite unsettled weather.

You may experience 3 types of days:

- Fully clouded with the odd shower, light or heavy

- 3-4 hours sunshine after 8 am and clouds building up in the afternoon with hefty thundershowers late afternoon, evening and night

- sun-clouds-rain-sun again and so on with the sunny spells lasting at least an hour and minimum 4 hours per day.

Peak season is from Christmas to February.

Hans

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hikka / Mirrisa in late Oct / Nov - very busy?

Thanks Hans,

Hmmmm, not sure this is when i should go then? I was there late March this year and I thought the weather may be similar - then it was glorious sunshine and only a few days when the current was too strong for swimming... maybe i need to think again>

best wishes

angela

Hannover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hikka / Mirrisa in late Oct / Nov - very busy?

Many of restaurant are open in December in Hikkaduwa. So in October sea ocean is very rough and swimming at so most day not possible. In October you will have the beach only for yourself.

4. Re: Hikka / Mirrisa in late Oct / Nov - very busy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hikkaduwa