We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Anuradhapura to Habarana

Italy
Level Contributor
106 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Anuradhapura to Habarana

Hi,

I read that from Anuradhapura to Habarana ttere is only ONE DIRECT bus that is the one operating the route "Anuradhapura to Kaduruwela".

Can you confirm this?

In case, what is the name of the company operating such a bus and what about its schedule?

If the route starts in Anuradhapura at least the departure time should be somehow "known".

I am interested in afternoon-early evening buses.

Thanks.

Best Regards

Mauro

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Anuradhapura to Habarana

Sounds likely. Timetables are mot online. You have to ask at Anuradhapura Bus Stand.

Hans

Italy
Level Contributor
106 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Anuradhapura to Habarana

ok, Thanks.

M

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Anuradhapura to Habarana

Hi Mauro,

Yes there is bus to Kaduruwela. But this bus starts from Pollonnaruwa to Kaduruwela and the bus route number is 956. You can get to Habarana from Anuradhpura in this bus. it will take you approximately 1 hour. The bus service is provided by the Sri Lanka Transport board.

Habarana is a beautiful location in Sri Lanka. it is situated in the center of the cultural triangle providing easy access to all the historic locations in Sri Lanka. If you are visiting Habarana don't miss out on visiting the Minneriya National Park. You will be amazed by the miracle of nature at this place.

I referred to Nawatan.com, they had some great offers at some Habarana hotels. They have a 24/7 call centre (+94114347171) and was very helpful and helped me with all the queries i had.

Do enjoy your Trip.

Best Regards,

Dilhara

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Anuradhapura to Habarana

Kaduruwela is the main bus station in Polonnaruwa area. Not only SLTB buses ply the route, but also private buses.

Hans

5. Re: Bus from Anuradhapura to Habarana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, April 13, 2015