We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal plan

Havelock North, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
175 reviews
Save Topic
Meal plan

We are visiting Fafa Island for 5 days in late February. Should we take the meal plan - would only need breakfast and dinner? Any other tips for our trip would be most appreciated. Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Hastings, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal plan

I'd take the meal plan. Much of Tonga isn't geared up for tourism and knowing you have a couple of meals a day lined up is a good thing. There are a couple of nice places for lunch in Nuku'alofa if you're day tripping back to Tongatapu, and most of the resorts dotted around the coast also offer lunch for walk in diners.

The best advice I can offer is to start relaxing the minute you touch down - Tonga is the most laid back place I've ever been to, and most things happen at a leisurely pace. Just relax and go with the flow...!

Kona
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal plan

I'm not sure why you would want to stay a full five days on Fafa Island, unless you have also booked plenty of time on Tongatapu and also Ha'apai and/or Vava'u. It's an isolated resort and there are no villages on the island, so you won't get much of sense of Tongan culture and people, which are the most fascinating things about the country.

Unless you bring a lot of food with you, or unless you go back to Nuku'alofa frequently while you're staying out on the island, you will need to dine at the resort, as there are no other choices there - so you may as well tale the meal plan.

Reply to: Meal plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fafa Island
Recent Conversations