We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in durmitor

Teddington
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Camping in durmitor

Do not stay in the Ivan Do campsite, unless you are ready for really really poor facilities. There is 1 toilet and 1 shower, both of which you share with the owner and another lady. This would probably be bearable, but unfortunately it is the dirtiest toilet and shower I've come across in a long time. Whilst I love camping, I think the only answer in Durmitor is to stay in private rooms (fairly affordable).

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in durmitor

I stayed at Mlinski Potok by Mina for 2 nights.. was excellent!

Travelled to Durmitor 2 weeks ago (obviously was still shoulder season).

Had an 11-bed hut all by myself and a fellow traveller. Great prices too €10 a night and not to mention the spectacular backdrop and the star-studded sky.

Mina has 2 properties. I stayed in the one next to Ivan Do

Padua, Italy
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in durmitor

I stayed in a camping site right above the national park visitors centre, not Ivan Do, a little close to Zabljak you reach it by taking a road just before reaching the visitors centre, the facilities were fine and the owner was extremely welcoming (offered dinner and spirits, lent us hiking shoes for free, let us stay in a little wooden hut coz our sleeping bags were too cold and other stuff).

We payed 7 for the two of us (3 per person plus 1 euro fir the car) of course private accomodation is also cheap, but that camping site was probably the best place we went to during our whole holiday, we also made some nice friends there since the owner organized a big camp fire in the evening where anybody could join for dinner.

3. Re: Camping in durmitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, April 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Durmitor National Park