We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Budva

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
73 reviews
54 helpful votes
Getting to Budva

whats the best way to get to Budva ? I can't seem to find flights to Tivat from the UK, is it reasonabily easy to get from Croatia to Budva?

London, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
1. Re: Getting to Budva

Montenegro Airlines and Thomson Airways both fly to Tivat in the summer months

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
73 reviews
54 helpful votes
2. Re: Getting to Budva

Montenegro airlines don't give Tivit as an option on their website (unless I'm missing something)

London, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
3. Re: Getting to Budva

They operate to Podgorica during the winter months and Tivat in the summer from the UK. If you want any more details send me a message and I will try to get back to you with the contact number for Montenegro Airlines in London - I have it somewhere but it might take me a day or two to find it as I am in the middle of a heap of university work.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
73 reviews
54 helpful votes
4. Re: Getting to Budva

Hi thanks for that. tbh we'll probably fly to Dubrovnik as we've never been there and its easier to get to from the north of England. Bus trip along the coast should be fun!

We now just need to decide on Budvar or Kotor...

Nottingham
Level Contributor
135 posts
5. Re: Getting to Budva

Hi drlargepans. Superb name - the best I have seen in ages!

As your last post suggests, the best thing for you to do is to fly to Dubrovnik, where it is definitely worth spending some time, and then you can catch the (I believe daily) bus from Dubrovnik station along the coast (I understand that you have to change to a different bus at the border).

Both Budva and Kotor are very nice - you don't say what time of year you will be going, I imagine there is decent transport between the two. Both are worth seeing if you have any amount of time at all. The coastline is very beautiful indeed. You might want to visit Perast and the islands in the bay.

There are numerous warnings of the bus journey between the two countries not running when it should do.

Feel free to ask more drlargepants

Enjoy.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
73 reviews
54 helpful votes
6. Re: Getting to Budva

Apartment booked in petrovac. Montenegro (and croatia) here we come. Can't wait !

Göteborg
3 posts
7. Re: Getting to Budva

http://www.montenegro-traveler.com

Edited: 5:23 am, December 28, 2009
Lytham St Annes
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
20 helpful votes
8. Re: Getting to Budva

It's certainly a lot cheaper to fly to Dubrovnik - I'm flying there myself in June from Liverpool with Easyjet. Once at Dubrovnik take one of the Atlas shuttle buses from airport to the main bus station in Dubrovnik. You can catch a bus to Kotor or Budva from there daily at either 10:30 or 15:00. It takes 2 hours to Kotor or 3 hours to Budva. I'm going to Budva myself as there is more choice of accomodation there & the beaches are better.

croatiatraveller.com/southern_dalmatia/Dubro…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Getting to Budva

I'm trying to get from Budva from Dubrovnik Airport. Since I'll have taken a transatlantic flight through Toronto, a night in London and arrive in Dubrovnik in early afternoon, my fiancee and I'd like to get to Budva quickly.

What is the faster or more convenient way to get from the airport to Budva? Should I rent a car? Is there a long wait at the border for cars? Do I need Croatian AND Montenegrin insurance? Would that cost extra? Will it be faster to drive and take the ferry across the Bay of Kotor? How is the driving style in the region.

or

Should I take the bus to Budva. I hear there are only buses to Herceg Novi. Can I get a van or a bus direct from Dubrovnik airport to Budva? How long does it take? How much? Will I have to wait long for it to pick me up?

Thanks!

Lytham St Annes
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
20 helpful votes
10. Re: Getting to Budva

You can get to Budva by bus from Dubrovnik but you need to get to the main bus station in Dubrovnik by the port. The bus leaves there at 15:00 and arrives in Budva at 18:00. It takes about 30 mins from the airport to the bus station either by Taxi or one of the Atlas shuttle buses from the car park outside the airport.