We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nasca Lines with Aero Condor

Which Nazca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
35 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Nasca Lines with Aero Condor

I've heard good and bad about Aero Condor's single day Lima-Nasca-Lima trip. I'm travelling to Peru in April 2007 and am interested to hear about others' experiences using this service. Hopefully they've improved?

I'd also like to know about the apparent safety of the aircraft and pilot (I'm doing an awful lot of flying whist in Peru and the smaller the plane the more concerned I become)!

I've heard people say they flew over the lines in a 12 seater, and others say a 2-3 seater. Which did you use?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,290 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nasca Lines with Aero Condor

You can read good and bad comments about Aerocondor organization, but they are a safe airline to fly.

If you are short of time, doing it with Aerocondor from Lima is the only way.

Aerocondor has a very good safety record.

Most flights on the Nazca lines are on 2/3 seaters.

Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nasca Lines with Aero Condor

I did the 1-day flying option to the Nazca Lines from Lima back in September.

It was good & bad in terms of Aerocondor service

I was able to make a reservation via e-mail, which was booked when I got there.

They did NOT leave a message at my hotel the night before with respect to the flight time, so I had to wake up and go to the airport for the earliest possible option.

When I went to the counter to pay, the woman took my passport... then proceded to answer the phone about 20 times and serve other people before me who showed up at the counter after me (because they had earlier flights)... but she never acknowledged my presense the whole time. It was RUDE, TERRIBLE service.

The program was basically as described. Overflight of the lines, lunch at Las Dunas, a visit to the Huacacina lagoon and the Ica Museum (which I found to be really interesting). We didn't land in Ica and then go on the overflight. They put our group straight into a 12-seater plane and went straight to the lines. - There were apparently many people on this trip who arrived in a commercial jet to Ica and then had their overflights, museum and lagoon visits at other times. The details on the return to Lima were confused and kept changing. We eventually wound up having to take busses to Pisco and then all the groups got onto a commercial jet at a military base and flew back to Lima... about 2 hours later than originally told.

So basically, the program was as promised, but there were definite customer service and organization problems.

3. Re: Nasca Lines with Aero Condor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 19, 2009