We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon flights?

Which Nazca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Afternoon flights?

I will be in Peru next week. My plan is to take the Cruz del Sur bus from Lima at 07:00 and arrive 14:00, take the overflight, and then catch the 22:30 Cruz del Sur bus to Arequipa. I would like to not be so harried, but I don't have a lot of time.

Is this feasible? Are there afternoon overflights? Weather forecasts for next week say "mostly sunny" so I hope weather won't be an issue.

Can I reserve/pay for my overflight tickets in advance?

Is there a secure place in Nasca where I can store my bags for 8 or so hours we're in town?

Many thanks in advance to whomever can answer any or all of my questions.

Cheers!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,285 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon flights?

Flights are booked upon arrival to the small airport in Nazca. Right in fron of the main door , you will find the Aerocondor hotel, where you can leave yr baggage.

The only problem with the flight would be if the wind picks up in the afternoon, in which case, flights will be suspended.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon flights?

Hi xochitl,

I know you cannot predict the weather, but how often would you say that the afternoon overflights are suspended due to winds? Is it very common, somewhat common, occasional, or rare?

We too are looking at taking an early morning bus from Lima, arriving to Nasca in the afternoon.

Thanks!

Katie

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,285 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon flights?

I would say at least occasional.

The wind picks up in the afternoons in that area.

4. Re: Afternoon flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, March 18, 2010