We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi From/to Paracas?

Takoma Park...
Level Contributor
165 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi From/to Paracas?

Is this easy to get from Paracas here, do an afternoon/evening dunebuggy ride and get back to Paracas by taxi?

Elsewhere someone said 100 soles, which would be reasonable. I'm more interested in the level of difficulty arranging a cab.

We are a family of four. It'd be easier for us to be based there and visit rather than moving everything to Huacachina for a day/night.

Peru
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi From/to Paracas?

You could easily arrange for a taxi or a driver to take you to Huacachina, which is reputedly the best place for dune buggying. But if you want to avoid the journey (1h each), you can also organize it from Paracas. You hotel will probably have tours offering this activity, or you can just go the bus station, and they will call for you. It's a bit more expensive to do it from Paracas (90 soles) than in Huacachina (about 45 soles).

¡Buen viaje!

Hortense

Peru For Less

Edited: 8:27 am, January 28, 2011
NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
746 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi From/to Paracas?

As I have said in other posts, we did buggying in Santa Cruz. We booked through Paracas Overland and they just had someone pick us up at the hotel. So it was truly hotel to dune buggy seat in 15 minutes. We had used Paracas Overland for the Islas Ballestras trip and just walked into their office and said "hey, do you do dune buggying?" and arranged it for that night at 5. This was in December, right before new years.

i have posted pix of santa cruz dunes on Paracas photos, so you can see what they look like. They are not as big as Hauracchina, but fun.

Also, we had no real issue finding a cab near the main boat dock by the waterfront back to our hotel, or anywhere. Very cheap.

Takoma Park...
Level Contributor
165 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi From/to Paracas?

yeah, I saw those. And it made me think twice about going to Huacachina. But the lagoon looks interesting and the higher dunes will be more dramatic, so we're going there.

I'm just trying to figure out if I want to stay in Huacachina, Paracas or both. We would prefer to stay in one place for 2 nights. it's soo much easier.

So I can either stay in paracas and taxt to huacachina for the afternoon/evening, or stay in Huacachina and taxi early morning to the Balletas boat.

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
746 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi From/to Paracas?

Yep, we wanted to see the lagoon too, but were just too lazy to leave Paracas! That is why I posted the pix, so people knew the difference. Paracas is a lovely place and relaxing, so I would vote stay there and visit Huarc.

The lagoon looked interesting, but not enough for giving up the great view and pool at Hacienda for the night.

I think it may depend on your age too. I am in my 50's with kids aged 9/12. The lagoon seemed cool to see, but more a place to stay for the crowd aged in between....but others could tell you for sure. So may depend what u want to do at night. In Paracas, we spent evenings with cocktails in the hot tub til late afternoon, walk on beach, shower, nice dinner in restaurant. Not sure what lagoon scene is at night.

Good luck!

5. Re: Taxi From/to Paracas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, November 28, 2013
6. Re: Taxi From/to Paracas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, March 04, 2015