We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostals/hotels - does location matter?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
739 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hostals/hotels - does location matter?

I've been to Aquas Calientes before for only one night 2 years ago. We were with a group tour and stayed at a really expensive hotel - Sumaq. It was very nice, but pointless to pay a price like that.

I want to go back and stay cheaper. Does location matter? I know it's a pretty small town. We never walked as far as the hot springs so I really don't know how far up the two main roads go. I'm only going to stay one night after hiking the trail so I'm not going to need much. Should I use location as a deciding factor? I understand the price of lodging has gone up considerably in the last 2 years so I really just need something clean, comfortable and convenient. Including a breakfast would be a plus but not a requirement.

Thanks

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,377 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostals/hotels - does location matter?

Then,try Gringo Bills.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostals/hotels - does location matter?

hello,aguas calientes is so small,it hardly makes a difference where you stay....there is another recent forum about where to stay in aguas calientes....with a choice of reccomendations...unfortunately gringo bills didn't seem to be recommended at all....just check the places out before you decide is the best advice....hope this helps,chris.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,377 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostals/hotels - does location matter?

Neither was the Inkaterra and its by far the best.

Lima
Level Contributor
81 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostals/hotels - does location matter?

Take a look at andeantravelweb.com/peru/…index.html

You will find some options with prices

Cheers,

Eliu

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostals/hotels - does location matter?

If you arent interested in a certain level of service or luxery then I would say it doesnt matter. Everywhere in town is only 5-10 minutes away.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
739 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostals/hotels - does location matter?

Thanks everyone. I did read some other threads about where to stay and they were helpful. Since nobody focused on location, I wasn't sure if it mattered. Thanks again.

7. Re: Hostals/hotels - does location matter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 22, 2012