We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andina Hotel

Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
467 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Andina Hotel

Hello,

Can anyone comment on Adina Hotel in Aguas Calientes? It's supposed to be relatively new and I cannot find any information on it.

Thank you

Minnesota
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Andina Hotel

Hi Zerk- I think this is a link to the hotel, we actually have reservations here in July, booked by a Peruvian travel agency... it at least has some photos, but I have not found any reviews of it.

hosteltraveler.com/directory/Peru/Hotel_Plaz…

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andina Hotel

Unfortunately, the previous post gives incorrect information. The "Plaza Andina" and the "Andina Hotel" are two different hotels. I just stayed at the Andina Hotel last week. I had reserved at the Hostal Presidente, run by the same company, but they put me into the Andina. The Andina is new, clean, and very comfortable. It was quite satisfactory. I cannot find any website for it, however.

Minnesota
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Andina Hotel

Sorry for the incorrect lead, that was all I could find online, thanks for the clarification. Also nice to know the Andina Hotel is decent as we will be staying there in July.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andina Hotel

Hi Zerk my comments are for The Plaza Andina in Aquas Calientes. I just returned from Peru on Sunday May 3rd.

I could not believe it when we walked into the Plaza Andina, this hotel is 90% under construction there are only 3 habitable rooms. We were absolutely disgusted by the 2 rooms we were given as options, one smelled like mold, and had a damp/wet feel to it. The second was the same as the first yet they tried to cover up the stink with a gallon of pre-pubescent boy’s cologne. The tried to charge me $90 for a room in this dump. I was shocked and although I had already paid a deposit we left, my friend said she thought she might die in this place. I cannot believe they are actually allowing people to stay in a place that has rebar hanging from the ceiling. Disgusting.

Santa Fe NM
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andina Hotel

Just got back. It is wonderful (get a river view). Great staff. Mediocre breakfast. Great location.

Santa Fe NM
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Andina Hotel

Be careful about the names of hotels in Aguas Calientes - there are alot of hotels with the name Adina in it (Spanish for Andes).The Andina Hotel that is the sister hotel to the Presidente is fabulous. New, clean, incredible staff.

Within walking distance from the train and bus station, this hotel is quiet and secure. The afternoon female desk clerk and bellman, Raul, are attentive and service-oriented. Get a room overlooking the Urubamba River and hear it rush through the enormous boulders all night. Jacuzzi in the bathtub to ease your tired legs after climbing around Machu Picchu all day.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Andina Hotel

Most hotels are pretty bad in Aguas Calientes.....

I was there a few months back making some hotel inspections and was generally unimpressed with most.

If you are looking for something cheap and tidy, when you get off the train, head into town (very small) and there are a ton of small places. Check a few out before buying, and barter with em as they may try to rip you off. You will find somewhere.

www.santuariohotel.com is not a bad place, but expect to pay about $80. You will need to reserve this in advance!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Andina Hotel

I strongly disagree that all hotels in Aguas Calientes are bad. I was at the Sumaq Hotel there last week, and it was very nice. I don't know the price because I was on a tour, but I suspect it's not cheap. You get what you pay for. The food was excellent, and we were eating the menu for the tour groups.

australia
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Andina Hotel

Has anyone stayed at Plaza Andina? i am a senior travelling by myself who needs relaible reviews PLEASE.

Kansas City...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Andina Hotel

So how was the andina hotle in agua calientes peru? We are looking for a nice place for a family of four for July 2010? How do I reserve rooms?

jr