We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling to machu pichu from lima

Baldwin
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
traveling to machu pichu from lima

Hi everyone, I am planning a crazy trip to peru and want to know how it is if I arrive in lima and plan to be in aguas calientes the next day. i have no time to lose, and cant "acclimate" to the thin air quality before going to machu pichu. is this crazy or doable? Does anyone know? ALso, does anyone have any idea about activity in these towns (Cuzco, Aguas Calientes) during Easter? I don't want to be stuck there because everything is shut down. I plan to leave the MOnday after Easter!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,290 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling to machu pichu from lima

Yes, It can be done but you better book yr train tickets now.

Many people travel to MP during Easter Holidays.

2. Re: traveling to machu pichu from lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 15, 2009