We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagos in October/November

2 posts
Save Topic
Lagos in October/November

I will be visiting Lagos for the first time the end of October for a wedding in early November. What is the weather like around that time? And what is the best route to travel there from Toronto?

Edited: 2:00 pm, June 27, 2010
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagos in October/November

From Toronto you can fly Delta via Atlanta or Amsterdam, and Airfrance via Paris(CDG). British Airways and KLM may also offer flights via their respective hubs (LHR and schipol). Ensure you are being met at the airport as these flights all arrive in the evening (starts getting dark 6pm) and you dont want to be negociating your way round this city on your own after dark if you have no experience of Nigeria. Weather in October/November in Lagos will still be hot and humid( high 20s to high 30s and humidity feels like 110%), and even though the main rainy season will have ended there will be the occasional tropical downpour. It does get dry and dusty in other parts of Nigeria in November but not usually in Lagos.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lagos in October/November

The 1st time i went to Nigeria was also at the start of Novermber. At the time i was living in Spain & thought id be well prepared for the heat but the humidity just gets you as soon as you get off the plane!! I only stayed in Lagos for 2 days & then moved on down to Benin but the temperature was very similar - warm, hot & sticky!! But apart from the heat i had a great time & hope you really enjoy it too!

3. Re: Lagos in October/November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:56 am, December 26, 2010