We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good hotels in Ikeja

Los Angeles
1 post
Save Topic
good hotels in Ikeja

Does anyone know of a good and economical hotel at Ikeja? I know Sherato is okay, but it is expensive. So, I am looking for something more cheaper and secure too. Please advice.

Lagos, Nigeria
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: good hotels in Ikeja

Hi,

I've stayed at cottage Guest House on Opebi Road, Ikeja. It's okay and not expensive starts from around 5000 Naira (35$). But don't expect any luxuries. It's safe and clean. Good hotels of international standard are too expensive in Nigeria.

If you are willing to stay in Lekki near Victoria Island, I would suggest The Dover Hotel managed by The West Africa Collection. Very beautiful and luxurious and boutique type (less than 50 rooms). But costs from 19000 Naira ($153).

I would recommend it.

Thanks,

Patrick

London
Level Contributor
317 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good hotels in Ikeja

There are many hotels in Ikeja, there is the Airport Hotel onAwolowo road. (not close to the Airport by the way) NewWorld Hotel. There are about 2 or 3 more hotels on Allen Avenue and Opebi way plus off Toyin Street that I hear are very good. There is also a very good one in Ogba, I have not been there but have been told is very good. Good Luck

lagos
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: good hotels in Ikeja

yea, the one in ogba is very safe and good but not sure of the price. it is Excellent Hotel

maybe u should say your budget, that will be helpful

lagos
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good hotels in Ikeja

If you want the standard or Sheraton or Protea but dont want to pay exhorbitant prices, try Welcome Centre & Hotels, close to airport, great prices and a lot more facilites than the other ikeja hotels.

england
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good hotels in Ikeja

The Airport Ikeja is secure but very very run down. If you take a room in the main block (not the annex!) the room will be quite clean and things will work, but you could not consider it maintained to a "western" standard. You'd survive it though. It all depends on how much travelling you've done outside USA and Europe as to what you'd consider tolerable

London
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: good hotels in Ikeja

I would have thought the OP has been and gone this post is from 2005 4 years ago!!!!!!

Hereford UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good hotels in Ikeja

Awolowo Road is in Ikoyi not Ikeja.... Airport hotel in Ikeja is not nice....I have stayed there and it is uncomfortable and not as clean as it should be

8. Re: good hotels in Ikeja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, November 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lagos