We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

enquiry

Delhi
4 posts
Save Topic
enquiry

Hi Friends,I am from India,and working here in gov. sector.I got an offer leter from one company,which is situtared in lagos( Nigeria),though I am getting good salary offer,but i am just unaware of the place (Lagos,Nigeria),I need to revert them my job agreement as soon as possible,So someone please let me know what are the safety conditions/facilities over there?should i drop the plan or should i join there and get benifited to explore my domin knowledge,Personal growth as well.Pls help.Waiting for your kind Help.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: enquiry

You may have fallen for a job scam.

In this scam, they ask you to send them money to apply for visa, work permit...etc. Once you send the money, they will ask you for more money, like deposit for room rental, other permits...etc until you are out of money. Then you will never hear from them again.

Drop the plan. The job is likely not real.

Delhi
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: enquiry

Thanks friend..But they are not asking any money,working visa also they only will provide,even to n fro airticket also..the only thing i need to pay for is in issuing Foreign Expatriate Registration Certificate.and i dont think that defcon is an fake company and all the corrospondance between us is being thru their official website address mail.Now wats your opanion.pls let me know abt the logas place?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: enquiry

Are you required to send them money (or to a agency recommended by them)? If you are, for WHATEVER reasons, be wary. If they can pay for tickets, visas, permits...etc why do you need to pay a small sum for whatever certificate?

Its your money....but a lot of people have been scammed like this. Be warned.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: enquiry

Check this out -

http://defcon-ng.com/special%20reports.html

Delhi
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: enquiry

thanks friend.Though the company is ready to pay air tickets n work permit fee,but they told me to pay the charges for expariate certificate which is 1150 USD, i am completly agree with you

can we keep these point to the company

I am unabble to pay the abovesaid amont,I can join ur estemed company only if,

1)company pay this above said amont for issuing me this certificate.and that amount can be deducted from my first salary.

2) Let me come n join the comapny,i am agree to pay the taxes on the allowances,untill i dont issue expatriat certificate( within one month after joining)

Thansk for for valuable time and markable suggestions.I am looking forward to your reply.Kindly guide me.

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: enquiry

Its a scam. Forget about it.

Delhi
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: enquiry

Thansk Bro. I agree for ur favourable advice.PLAN DROPPED :).

I,along with my wud be wife (she is too geologist in d same govt.org) m happy in india only.

Thanks 1ce again.

8. Re: enquiry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lagos