We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to follow on to help me please!!!!

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
3 posts
Save Topic
to follow on to help me please!!!!

hello the pie man again, still in a dilemma short story met nigerian women , her friend is married to english man from here as i said have rang this man who lives in this country with his wife , they even offered for me to go to there house to visit as they know the women i speak to well , this was to help me get a visa to see her . i read home office reports an decided not to go , the women i am speaking to was very upset actually , an rang me repeatedly to go . i said we could meet in dubai as my sister lives there she has agreed . i was advised off this site off some one to see her on web cam which hey i do every night now an now i get up to date photos of her which actually are her , well i think earlier ones where of her , but when younger . i have seen all her family on web cam an photos , sorry i did send her some money as she seems very real now believe me , but i still have worries i said would pay for her to fly to dubai , she says visa for her just cost money an easy for her to get is this true? . i think she really is on level now , but cannot talk to family as do not want to know , could i get a non refundable ticket for her if she real in case she robs it . but dont think she will really i had doubts but showed me what she had bought with money all seems very real . she not hiding any thing from me i have adddress , phone number all photos of her present ones , her passport every thing really , just need a out side view on it , some people say still being done but when some one crys like that on the phone to you , not to give up well it so real please help !!!!!

Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

well pieman u have a 50% chance it will be real or not. i am about to marry a man from lagos and our story started a little like yours. so for me things are good. An everybody talks about the money and all and scams well the irnoic part for me is that he paid for me ticket for us to meet for the 1st time. That was a year ago so now I am traveling to Lagos in January so we can marry. So there are good stories about it as well. Just be careful and follow your heart. You wont know the true answer until you try. Good luck

Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

Yes Same here. My man purchased my ticket and I will follow my heart as well. I am very nervous for I have not been so far from home but he is worth it. :) We have exchanged all information, photos and chatted for 7 months on webcam. I think mine is real. Good luck on yours and have faith! 28 days until I see my man :)

Lagos
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

Hello thepieman1,

I am Nigerian married to a dutch and now resident in NL, our story started the same way as urs but he trusted me and he came to Nigeria despite all the negative advices he got from the homeland security and people he knew. I will suggest that you go meet her in Dubai(yes, she can easily get a visa for dubai) and see what comes out of it and maybe you can also visit Nigeria sometime and see for yourself if she is for real. It will be a big shame to miss out on true love just for negative reports on a country. What I really don't understand is why she was so upset when u didn't turn up as planned. But whatever, trust ur instincts. Goodluck!

Newport...
Level Contributor
948 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

so did you meet her pieman ???????????

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

This is 100% guaranteed to be a scam, a very common one. Nobody in Nigeria needs your money for an airline ticket, a visa or anything else. It is probably not even a woman sending you the photos!

The fact that it is a slam is not a slur on Nigeria or the wonderful people who live there. Just as the fact that we have thousands of child molesters in the USA does not mean that everyone from the USA is a pedophile.

16. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 14, 2009