We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dating chatroom/Cyber/Internet Scams - Advice

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ghana
Level Contributor
387 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dating chatroom/Cyber/Internet Scams - Advice

If you think you may be involved in a scam, please read through the link below. These scams are happening all over West Africa, not just Nigeria. This post is one I did over a year ago, and it is as timely now as it was then.

Barb, an American who lives in Ghana

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293797-c64880/Accra:…

HCMC
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dating chatroom/Cyber/Internet Scams - Advice

Dear Barb,

It's so sorry that here are many scams in this world, not only in Ghana.

I have had a friend from Tagged, He's very very nice man, i just have known him on net and on phone. I also have read this link , before i come here and read your ms.

I was so upset for myself, then i feel so sorry for those young men...

I haben't lost my money , i felt something strange when he asked me for sending goods to him.... But i was trying to take him out of his plan by my sincere heart.But now he disappeared .

with me, when you lose your money, you can find it in tomorrow, but The Belief to people is more important.

Dear Barb,

I pray for him, and i hope one day i will be there once , for witness what Ghana is, what Accra is.

I'm Vietnamese, Please give me your advice about the trip to Accra, how to get there from my country, how to get the VISA to come there.

Thanks a lots for your advice,

2. Re: Dating chatroom/Cyber/Internet Scams - Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, September 14, 2009