We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytrip to Ometepe

Level Contributor
31 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Daytrip to Ometepe

We'll be staying at Morgans Rock and are thinking of a day trip to Ometepe but don't know what's there to see. Any suggestions and is it worth it? The cost for the tour is $170 pp.

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytrip to Ometepe

jesus christ....170 bucks per person?

i guess if you are staying at morgans rock you can probably afford it, but thats crazy.

Im not sure what all is involved in that, but i cant imagine doing anything thats worth nearly that much. Plus a daytrip isnt going to get you too much on the island, since you would have to leave really early to catch an early ferry, and the last ferry is around 5 so you would really only get 8 hours max on the island which will probably give you a tour on a volcano and a trip to the mineral springs and lunch and you pretty much are done. All of which can be done for about 15-20 dollars (plus transportation to the ferry in the morning) on your own.

i dont know. maybe the tour includes some spectacular things, but usually to appreciate ometepe you need more than just a few hours for one day, especially when you are paying that much for it.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytrip to Ometepe

Likeeveryone you make me chuckle. :)

That certainly is pricey.

Ometepe is a highlight of Nicaragua and I would give it its due and one day would, in my opinion, be a hurried mess.

But if that's all you can squeeze in? I guess let Morgan's get your cool cash and go for it?

Edited: 10:27 pm, January 22, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytrip to Ometepe

Sure that's not in cordobas?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daytrip to Ometepe

that is a fair price as for one day ometepe you first have to drive from the resort to the port then pay for the ferry then get another transportation on the island as well as a guide and entrances fee to different places.

Now places that you can visit on a day trip to Ometepe which on my own opinion is one of the best places in Nicaragua to visit will be the jesus maria bank of sand, charco verde natural reserve, altagracia town with it's precolumbian statues, Santo Domingo Beach and El porvenir rock carving, that what you can do on a day trip to Ometepe.

Hopefully you enjoy this beautiful Island.

Byron

http://byronortega.wix.com/tour-leader

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daytrip to Ometepe

Spend a couple days there to feel the spirit of the island

6. Re: Daytrip to Ometepe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 12, 2015