We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Ouarzazate

Which Ouarzazate hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
JJW
England
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation Ouarzazate

My husband and I are going to Marrakech on 30 October plan to stay for 3 nights to do some shopping then take bus to Ouarzazate stay 1 night there or at Tinehir then travel to Todra Gorge stay for 2 nights, we have book a camel trip to stay 2 nights in dunes, we are then not sure where to stay for 1 night which will be somewhere on our way to Dades Gorge were we want to stay 2 nights.

We have then booked 3 nights at Kasbah Ellouze at Tamdaght, when we leave there we want to stay a night somewhere between there and Marrakech we thought perhaps Anemiter.

Any advice would be greatful, basically we are looking for :-

1 Night Accommodation at Ouarzazate, Tinehir or where ever you suggest.

2 Nights accommodation at Todra Gorge [we were thinking it would be nice to stay in the Gorge ?]

1 Night accommodation somewhere between Rissani and Dades Gorge

1 Night accommodation Anemiter, Telouet or where ever you suggest.

We are not expecting plush accommodation but last year we stayed at Ijoukak and it was disgusting accommodation camp beds with broken springs so when you lay in bed you touched floor no glass in windows just shutters, no lock on door and dirty, it was so bad even my husband slept in his clothes and we felt filthy, I hardly slept all night and when we opened the shutters in the morning we found the room was full of insects !!

We do not mind basic but it must be habitable.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jan

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
760 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Ouarzazate

We stayed at Le Petit Riad (www.lepetitriad.com) in Ourzarzate and really enjoyed it. We were only there for one night but it was pefect, with a lovely pool area and great rooftop terrace.

The only hitch might be that the owner only speaks French. We used Blue Men of Morocco to plan our private tour so she set up the reservations, etc. It was no problem while we were there to communicate with my little French and her little English, but our reservations were already made, so didn't have to communicate with her via e-mail.

London
Level Contributor
494 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Ouarzazate

Jan – a few thoughts (with luck, my earlier comments on Ellouze will help you to judge whether you/we have remotely similar tastes):

For the Ouarzazate area night: we stayed one night at Kasbah Ait Ben Moro in Skoura,, 30km east of Ouarzazate towards Tinerhir. Really loved it. Old kasbah, wonderfully restored (by a Spanish ex-banker) in a stylishly minimalist manner. Great views. Simple bedrooms (with own bathrooms). Good value, we thought. And we spent a hugely happy few hours the next morning exploring the Skoura palmeraie and its many ruined kasbahs (the hotel found an inexpensive guide for us.)

For the Todra nights: we didn’t overnight here, but did see the couple of hotels (sorry – the names escape me and I don’t have my notes to hand) right in the depths of the gorge. Great location if you want to trek or climb, but they must be pretty quiet places (unless you’re unlucky with a tour group….) and we weren’t convinced that either hotel would have all that much charm or atmosphere. By early November I imagine they might be chilly, too: the gorge is so narrow that there can’t be much sun later in the year. There were a couple of other simple hotels at the entrance to the gorge-proper – and Tinerhir itself, only 15kms or so away, obviously offers plenty of choice. (In Tinerhir, we overnighted at Kasbah Lamrani – modern mock-kasbah, perfectly comfortable but not really memorable though the food was unexpectedly good, decent value, directly opposite the excellent Monday morning market.)

For the Rissani-Dades night: again, Tinerhir would be a logical place to break the journey (but it’s not such a fun town that you want to spend too much time there!). Or press on to Dades itself (personally, we found the whole Dades valley even more impressive than Todra – but we were only passing through, not trekking or mountaineeering). Or you might like to look into a place called El Khorbat, just outside Tinejdad (on the direct route between Rissani and Tinerhir): it’s a Spanish-backed community project, with a delightful little restaurant (we had a great lunch in the garden), a really enjoyable local-life museum and a friendly atmosphere, set within a real everyday kasbah in a splendid setting. According to the website (www.elkhorbat.com), they also have what look to be pretty inviting rooms. If it worked out well, this might a great way to spend a bit of time in a local community – but I must stress that I didn’t see the rooms myself and don’t know anyone who has stayed here. Would want to look into it if I went back, though.....

3. Re: Accommodation Ouarzazate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, September 05, 2009