We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Merzouga
Search

Merzouga - Erg chebi // night in desert

Montreal
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
Merzouga - Erg chebi // night in desert
Save

Hello,

We will be going to Merzouga in early October taking the night bus from Fes.

1. What is your recommandation for the best desert night trip ?

2.Is here one that brings us back early enough to take the morning bus to Tinerhir?

3. And where is a good place to stay in case we can't come back in time to take the bus and that we would have to stay in Merzouga for an extra night?

Thank you TripAdvisor community for your help !

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Merzouga - Erg chebi // night in desert
Save

Any good guidebook will provide you with descriptions of the many hotels in Merzouga.

Latest revision of Rough Guide-Morocco give prices in Moroccan Dirhams.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,847 posts
193 reviews
126 helpful votes
2. Re: Merzouga - Erg chebi // night in desert
Save

You can make agree with your camel man which time you wish to be in Merzouga at bus station, so he take care of that. Otherwise if you miss the bus, afternoon around 15.00 I think it is goes from Erfoud one other towards Tinerhir, but it is not Supratour, only some local bus, So you can take a taxi to Erfoud and take that bus, but ask in advance if it is still so and exactly which time it goes.

But, I recommend you almost to stay one more night, there are not only sand dunes and camel trek but even other activity and places you can visit and enjoy of.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g304019-c171714/Rissa…

Edited: 1:06 pm, September 01, 2015
Whidbey Island...
Level Contributor
52 posts
93 reviews
47 helpful votes
3. Re: Merzouga - Erg chebi // night in desert
Save

I will be staying 2 nights in Merzouga - Erg-Chebbi the first couple days of October. I have really liked dealing with Moha at Kasbah Mohayut. I originally only booked us into the hotel the first night, then after much research of all of the camps (wish I could afford to stay in one of the super luxury camps), I booked our camel trek / camping with him also. You can check the reviews of Kasbah Mohayut here on TA. I cannot write a review of staying yet, but I have been pleased with everything with them so far.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Merzouga - Erg chebi // night in desert
Save

The night I spent under the full moon, in the Riad Aicha, is one of the most energetically powerful nights of my life. The desert is more beautiful than I could have imagined. Such an incredible place to spend a bit of time!

Montreal
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Merzouga - Erg chebi // night in desert
Save

I did not know about the afternoon bus. Thank you!!!! And I wish we could stay longer but time won't make it possible unfortunately.

Montreal
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Merzouga - Erg chebi // night in desert
Save

Oh wow! This place does look amazing!

But in the meantime a book our night with Ali I. Airbnb. Comment seems very good! Let's see :) Thank for the reply!

Merzouga, Morocco
Level Contributor
1 post
7. Re: Merzouga - Erg chebi // night in desert
Save

You are welcome to merzougaonline .

8. Re: Merzouga - Erg chebi // night in desert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 18, 2016