For all the travellers to Morocco read befor to travel
Our experience did not come close to the booking details on the tour company's website. http://www.tour-marocco.com/
Here are a few of the more noteworthy issues or things that my friend and I feel a bit mislead on:
- the drive out was 4.5 hours and back was 3.5-3.75 nowhere near the 3 hour mark listed on Viator's site where I booked the trip.
- we never even had the chance to go see the film museums. The driver simply pointed at the studios and drove past. This was disappointing to say the least.
- the Berber museum was closed for Ramadan, which we understand but should have been communicated to us with an option to decline the trip. Our driver didn't understand our surprise it was closed.
- in Ouarzazate we drove next to one castle and then went to a 'museum' where the merchant spoke for a few minutes about Berber culture and then hounded us to buy rugs and other items. Not a museum by any standard. Our driver was nowhere to be found until he was done with his nap (understandable during Ramadan but gave us no option to leave this 'museum' early).
- our driver was late. Not by a whole lot but still not a great impression. He drove quite fast (still the ride was longer than stated) but barely said a word the entire trip.
All the best