We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Merzouga
Search

Please read befor to travel don´t fail in the trap

Marrakech-Tensift-El...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Please read befor to travel don´t fail in the trap
Save

For all the travellers to Morocco read befor to travel

Our experience did not come close to the booking details on the tour company's website. http://www.tour-marocco.com/

Here are a few of the more noteworthy issues or things that my friend and I feel a bit mislead on:

- the drive out was 4.5 hours and back was 3.5-3.75 nowhere near the 3 hour mark listed on Viator's site where I booked the trip.

- we never even had the chance to go see the film museums. The driver simply pointed at the studios and drove past. This was disappointing to say the least.

- the Berber museum was closed for Ramadan, which we understand but should have been communicated to us with an option to decline the trip. Our driver didn't understand our surprise it was closed.

- in Ouarzazate we drove next to one castle and then went to a 'museum' where the merchant spoke for a few minutes about Berber culture and then hounded us to buy rugs and other items. Not a museum by any standard. Our driver was nowhere to be found until he was done with his nap (understandable during Ramadan but gave us no option to leave this 'museum' early).

- our driver was late. Not by a whole lot but still not a great impression. He drove quite fast (still the ride was longer than stated) but barely said a word the entire trip.

All the best

Angelika

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Please read befor to travel don´t fail in the trap
Save

You're complaining? Have you considered that the poor man was fasting the entire time while having to deal with the demands of you folks?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
14,672 posts
68 reviews
85 helpful votes
2. Re: Please read befor to travel don´t fail in the trap
Save

You've posted this in the Merzouga forum, yet it seems your complaint is about a trip to Ouarzazate. But from where? Merzouga or Marrakech?

It's a pity your first post on TripAdvisor has to be this complaint.

Had your first post been an enquiry about the suitability of this tour we would have told you in no uncertain terms that the company were deliberately misleading you if they stated it was a three hour trip to Ouarzazate from either Marrakech or Merzouga.

But you didn't ask.

The very terminology you use shows you don't understand Morocco. 85% of more of all Moroccans are Berbers, so what's special about a Berber museum? You are naive if you think Morocco closes down for Ramadam (i.e. one complete calendar month in a year), you need to learn when someone is simply lying to you.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
117 posts
59 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: Please read befor to travel don´t fail in the trap
Save

well..this kind of stuff always happens when booking a "toury trap tour". I mean of course in a relatively poor country they always take you to places to buy stuff that is a given.

Marrakech-Tensift-El...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Please read befor to travel don´t fail in the trap
Save

Daoud and Tim

I did posted on the Merzouga Forum becouse the company is in Merzouga we had contacted them right from the reviews we read on TA that is the reason why we choice this company .

marrakech
Level Contributor
10,072 posts
67 reviews
130 helpful votes
5. Re: Please read befor to travel don´t fail in the trap
Save

Hi,

Sorry you had a poor experience but you probably should have asked for recommendations and previous users of the company before booking.

6. Re: Please read befor to travel don´t fail in the trap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 12, 2016