We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Merzouga
Search

trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou

NH
Level Contributor
20 posts
trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou
Save

hey guys,

A couple years ago, I went with a group to the desert and i'm looking to repeat it. I speak moroccan arabic pretty well, so communicating isnt really a problem.

Last time, we stayed a night at the tomboctou, then in the morning we went to a different hotel that was actually on the desert's edge, where they loaded us up into camels almost immediately and we headed out to the desert. Is this all run through the tombouctou?

Most importantly, I'm having a hard time getting ahold of the tombouctou hotel. The number I've been using is 212 (0) 55 57 77 70 91. Is this correct? is there a good time to call? Each time I call, I get a recording in arabic that I can barely make out.

thanks,

Andrew

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
629 posts
70 reviews
30 helpful votes
1. Re: trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou
Save

Dial 35 instead of 55.

Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou
Save

yes i found out that numbers changed ( don't know how or why !!!) but all numbers i have won't work so i ivestigated about that and Tizi is right dail the first numbers expet the country cod...

no all the hotel are indipendents but tombucto run 2 as i heard in an other treath . but also you can ride a camel throwght a local family as you mentioned that you speack arabic this will help you to know about the desert more and more . my recommendation will be for Assou or les nomades in hassi labied village.

all the best .

c.c

3. Re: trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 13, 2008
NH
Level Contributor
20 posts
4. Re: trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou
Save

hey guys,

i still dont have a correct phone number. can anybody find the real phone number for this place? I need it in a hurry.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hassilabied&Merzouga
Level Contributor
46 posts
5. Re: trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou
Save

Outside Morocco

Tél : 00212 35 57 70 91

Inside Morocco

Tél : 035 57 70 91

Enjoy your trip!

zurich
Level Contributor
28 posts
6. Re: trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou
Save

Hello,

Here is the right number of Tomboctou hotel in Merzouga(Morocco) :

+ 212 35 57 67 93

Including international stuff.

Here is the Fax number if you need :

+ 212 35 57 67 93

Cheers.

zurich
Level Contributor
28 posts
7. Re: trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou
Save

Sorry , but the Fax number must be :

+ 212 35 57 84 49

Cheers

Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
16 helpful votes
8. Re: trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou
Save

Hi

well this time you'll have to spend money to check out !

contact in spain

Telf.: (0034) 639 760 735

Fax: (0034) 93 727 8130

contact in morocco

Telfs.: (00212) 355 784 50 / 51 / 52

Fax: (00212) 355 784 49

cell: (00212) 612 513 94

good luck

p.s try to contact morocco numbers first .then call them in spain .

9. Re: trying to get to the desert via auberge tomboctou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 07, 2009