We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

share a taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
share a taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca

Is there a grand taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca? can it be shared?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: share a taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca

All grand taxis can be shared. You would however need to find a driver prepared to make the journey (your hotel may help with this) and people to share the taxi with yourself. This may not be an easy task unfortunately.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,717 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: share a taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca

You can use the collective grand taxis and do it as a series of hops from one transport hub to another. Really inexpensive.

From Chefchaouen the first hop would be to Ouezzane. Consult your guide book for further hops.

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: share a taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca

Thanks a lot...I read your other posts and I will follow your suggestion of going to el ksar kbir by taxi and then taking the train to Casablanca!

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: share a taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca

I plan to take a grand taxi from chefchaouen to el ksar kebir too. How much is it?

Aalborg, Denmark
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: share a taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca

Hi x_y_chang,

I would say that the average price is about 2 - 2.5 dhs per kilometer. (about 0.20 euro) for the entire grand taxi and about 0.35 - 0.40 dhs (about 0.032 euro) per kilometer per seats in a shared grand taxi. I got this price last time I took the trip from Tangier to Chefchaouen.

Read more about the taxi rates and general advice here:

reversehomesickness.com/africa/…

Hope that helps.

Edited: 6:54 pm, February 08, 2014
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: share a taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca

We are two females and would stay in Chefchaouen for a few days before we go back to our home town. Since we need to catch the flight depart in Casablanca at 2:00 pm, is it possible to book a car and driver directly from from Chef resort to Casablanca airport? Would it be too risky? I know the it takes about 5 hours of travel. Did anyone do so recently and how much is the cost? Please kindly advise.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,693 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: share a taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca

I think it is too risky for a 2pm flight - stay the night in Casablanca or at least Rabat.

8. Re: share a taxi from Chefchaouen to Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 12, 2015