We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organised trekking

Organised trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, January 29, 2013
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,038 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Organised trekking

miguel , did you use this service, or just decide to dicuss this on the forum. it is always usefull information. how was your time in morocco???

2. Re: Organised trekking

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

3. Re: Organised trekking

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, March 27, 2011
Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Organised trekking

What an interesting posting. The one point that I disagree with (as you will probably expect) is that I really consider that Tanger is worth more than a fleeting visit. The wrong judgements are made by a very brief visit to this city.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
66 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Organised trekking

Hi Miguel,

thank you for your post, it has precisely the kind of information I was looking for.

I'm a female solo traveler and I like to hike on my own whenever possible. I'll spend 3 - 4 days in Chefchaouen and it's nice to know I'll be able to amble about in the surrounding countryside without a bore tagging along while I have a binocular-clad vigilant eye on me watching my every step from far away! :-)

6. Re: Organised trekking

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
66 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Organised trekking

:-)

Great! Since Tangier (after Chefchaouen) will be my port of exit from Morocco, with a few exceptions ((fabrics and argan oil in Marrakesh) I'll leave my souvenir shopping (mostly leather goods and a tea set) for Chefchaouen. Thank you for the tip!

For a month-long trip through Morocco I was planning 3 -4 days in Chefchaouen, but after reading your report I may extend it a day or 2. I'm a photographer and I think I'll fall in love with Chefchaouen's blue medina...

8. Re: Organised trekking

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Organised trekking

To Miguel,

I do not wish to detract from your fascinating report on Chefchaouen (SP) but please allow me to correct you on your assumption that my attraction to Tanger is based on a single visit .

I first visited Tanger in the 80's and subsequently from my first visit staying just for one week I returned regularly two or three times each year until 2002 when I finally managed to find the property that I had been looking for, and which now enables me to stay much longer when I have the time.

I would agree with you regarding the port, if you have read any of my past postings I always advice to exit the port as speedily as possible. Your experience of Tanger is very different to mine. I have never been approached or offered drugs nor has my daughter who also comes over regularly. Yes, taxi drivers do sometimes try to rip you off, they also try with the locals, and in fairness taxi drivers the world over do this.

Very early on having met the "ex pat community", I decided that I wanted to get to know local Tangerians, and I now have a wide circle of really good Tangerian friends, some extremely poor but with hearts overflowing with kindness. I have friends that live in the suburbs of Tanger, where in some cases I was the first British person that they had ever seen, the roads are just mudpads, but what happiness they have inside the home, it has taught me so much.

Regarding hustlers also begging, many of the beggers come to Tanger from all over Morocco and also the sub continent in the summer, they are not genuine distressed people, and unless you live in the city it can be extremely difficult to know who are genuine.

I have visited Chefchaouen, and loved the beautiful colour of blue houses also the scenery. My description of the journey was that it was like visiting Wales, Scotland and the Lake District all in the matter of a day.

So yes, it is very pretty and ideal if you wish to beautiful tranquility, I actually love the sea so for me even after all these years I still never tire of Tanger and its beautiful bay.

I am sure that your form posting on treking in Chefchaouen will be a great help to many travellers.

10. Re: Organised trekking