We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotels to Recommend

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good Hotels to Recommend

Hi,

Planning a trip to Redang in July with my boyfriend. Any good hotels to recommend to stay in Redang for a short trip of 3-4 days? Our budget for the hotel is about 300-400RM per person. Hope to try snorkeling too.

Thanks. =)

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,888 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotels to Recommend

RM300-400 per person will probably only get you 3d/2n in a basic budget beach hut.

You can see prices here:

http://www.pinganchorage.com.my/

Edited: 12:21 am, March 13, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotels to Recommend

thanks for the info.. Was looking through the forum and Laguna Redang Island Resort is highly recommended. Though its above our budget, but willing to pay for a good resort and beach. Have you been there? What is your opinion?

Mentioned in this post
Laguna Redang Island Resort
Laguna Redang Island...
1,066 Reviews
Pulau Redang, Malaysia
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,888 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotels to Recommend

There are only two big hotels on the island, the Taaras and the Laguna Redang. Other accomodation tends to be basic beach huts of varying standards.

Taaras is away by itself at Teluk Dalam whereas Laguna Redang is on the main beach of Pasir Panjang. If you want creature comforts, the big hotel and want to be on the main beach, then it is the obvious choice.

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotels to Recommend

thanks alot for your recommendations. =)

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Hotels to Recommend

Based on your budget range around RM300- RM400.00 per person for 3 day 2 night snorkeling package. You can stay only at Redang Pelangi , Redang Reef ,Redang Bay ,Ayu Mayang and Redang Lagoon. This package only include 2 night accommodation at Standard Air condition, 2 breakfast 2 Lunch 2 tea break 1 dinner and 1 bbq ,Return boat transfer from Merang jetty to Redang Island and 3 x snorkeling trips with out equipment.

redangisland.org/RedangPelangiResorts.html

Taras Resort and Spa ( Berjaya Redang ) only provide accommodation no more package. Basic room ,if i not mistaken RM960 per night .

Laguna Redang Island Resort are recommended but you need to forking out at least RM600 above for twin sharing on 3 Day 2 Night package.Just come back from Redang Island on yesterday ....its was good holiday...enjoy at Laguna...on night Life Band from China ,no more Filipino ...favorite ..Ice kacang RM8.00 at Tupai Cafe...quiet busy ,with lots tourist for school holiday... I spend a few time at Coral Redang Island Resort...highly recommended who those need relaxing,quiet and less people here...its was my best places to stay .

Mentioned in this post
Merang
Merang
Terengganu, Malaysia
Redang Island
Redang Island
621 Reviews
Pulau Redang, Malaysia
Laguna Redang Island Resort
Laguna Redang Island...
1,066 Reviews
Pulau Redang, Malaysia
Coral Redang Island Resort
Coral Redang Island...
354 Reviews
Pulau Redang, Malaysia
6. Re: Good Hotels to Recommend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:40 am, June 18, 2013