We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay - best snorkeling?

Which Pulau Redang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
7 posts
Save Topic
where to stay - best snorkeling?

I am thinking about going to redang for 2 days in the end of august. i will be coming from penang so probably will take the firefly flight which gets me into KT at midday - so i was looking to stay somewhere that could transfer me to the hotel, or find a way to get me there. (alternatively, is there an easy way to get there from the airport if a hotel cant?)

I am also looking to snorkel as much as possible, so am looking for somewhere that either has snorkeling right near the hotel or has good trips to take me around the island. Would like somewhere decent and clean.

Any recommendations where i should stay?

1. Re: where to stay - best snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:14 pm, July 02, 2008
2. Re: where to stay - best snorkeling?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:03 pm, June 25, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay - best snorkeling?

Most resorts on Long Beach will organise the bus and ferry transfers for you.

If you stay on Long Beach you can snorkel off the beach around the headland. If you stay at the Berjaya you will not be able to see much when snorkeling off their beach, and they are well away from the rest of the resorts. As there are no roads, you would be kind of trapped there, while on Main Beach you have the option of dining at the other hotels and taking in a little entertainment if you choose.

Many of the resorts offer snorkelling trips as part of their packages. I would recommend the Coral Redang Resort as it is quiet and comfortable The snorkelling trips are also better because you're not going out with 100 other people in a rusty old boat.

I have written a review of Redang on tripadvisor if you'd like to know more.

bedok, singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay - best snorkeling?

hi roge57 and all here,

the shark bay at long beach and the Redang reef at the Redang reef resort offer a good snorkeling area so as Catwoman and Boywonder says stay at long beach only thing tho. coral redang is on the side like maybe quarter/half mile away from shark bay.

if u like snorkel 2 days is not enough, i spent 5 night at redang, last june 5 night at perhentian and 3 night at Tioman and itching to go back to Tioman again less itch for Perhentian or Redang , lol.

happy holidays and cheers,Pangkor to go after Langkawi after Tioman after Perhentian after Redang lol. oaLi.

5. Re: where to stay - best snorkeling?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 03, 2009