We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices of food

Maldives
Level Contributor
141 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Prices of food

Hello travellers,

we are visting Perhentians in March, I was thinking about staying at Abdul's. I'm wondering if I should book a package with food, or is it better to eat at different restaurants on the island? Can you give me some info about dinner or lunch costs? And also, is there a food store on the island?

Thanks in advance :)

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices of food

Hope the link will help you.

pulauperhentian.org/AlaCarteMenuAbdul.html

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices of food

Hi Nara77,

We stayed at New Cocohut and declined the full-board option, and when we did dine there we couldn't fault our meals, but...

We'd decided on not being tied-down to the one dining venue and having to keep to a time frame for lunch and dinner, consequently, we enjoyed taking water taxis or strolling along the beach to the various cafes and restaurants... and yes, there are a few general stores dotted on the islands... but not a lot of choice to select from.

We ate a Abdul's on one occasion and found the fare to be quite edible but, in the long run, preferred Tuna Bay (next door to Abdul's).

Perhentian Island Resort (PIR) was good for lunch but, as it is a government run resort, does not serve alcohol - we found Bubu Long Beach on Kecil to be quite acceptable, indeed.

Apart from the resort restaurants, there are also the various little cafes set-up by the locals where you can try their efforts.

The menu prices are not at all expensive and the list that redangisland linked are about right, however, we found that fresh fish was higher than that listed.

Beverage prices are on the high side, but again, with not outrageous prices (MYR10 -15/ Tiger Beer).

It's really up to what you want to do and how long you have to do it in... enjoy your trip!

Cheers ツ

www.maudcameron.com

Maldives
Level Contributor
141 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices of food

Thanks guys :)

Not wanting to be tied down to one location and time frame for meals was one of the first reasons why I was thinking we would be better off without food. And ofcourse the food itself. We like to try different things and I think we have more options not to take the full board. Thanks again, I can't wait to get there.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices of food

Fresh Fish price too expensive about RM30- RM40 ..cooked fish..its too much for us paying for fish ,with this budget..i can have good menu for day.Maybe my next trips to Perhentian Island,i will bring my own fresh fish...save lots of money.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices of food

The fresh fish price is about right. I remember paying RM12-15 for a set fish meal which included a big slab of fish (which you picked out yourself), rice, sauce, salad and banana bread.

We ate that most nights on the beach at Coral Bay.

6. Re: Prices of food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, April 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pulau Perhentian Besar