We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kuala besut travel agents - are they ok?

London, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
kuala besut travel agents - are they ok?

Hi - has anyone booked a trip to the perhentians through golden tropical holidays sdn bhd? Been dealing with someone called ara dora. I think I have booked to go to the Perhentians with them but I'm not sure if they are a real company or not! Its all a bit vague and woolly. Just wondered if anyone knows about them and are they ok? Thanks.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kuala besut travel agents - are they ok?

Bod75 - Don't know if you've already made the trip but I haven't heard of the company you mention. That's not to say they're not OK. I used Anjung Holidays http://www.pulauperhentian.com.my/

who were absolutely fine.

australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kuala besut travel agents - are they ok?

There are quite a few travel agents in Kuala Besut, and sorry don't know if Golden Tropical is ok, but for anyone else, the Tourism Malaysia Office recommended Nik Fauzi Kenneith. I am not sure of the name of his office, but "Fauzi" was very helpful. I am sure the shop keepers would know him. We gave him requirements of clean room with own bathroom, and he sent us to Abdul's Chalets on Perhentian Besar (big island) where we were treated like family. They have either fan rooms or air-con. A good restaurant-bbq was fantastic, and friendly staff. Abdul's phone is 609-691 1610 or hand phone 019-912 7303.

The boat taxi is on hand to other chalets,and if you walk along the beach, massages, e-mail, other eateries, and where the old Cozy Chalets are being rebuilt, you can walk through the rain forest to lots of other chalets within a half hour stroll or a 10 min. brisk walk. Don't forget the boat transfer price (up to RM90) and to book the return journey and the Nature Reserve Fee of RM5.for 3 days. Absolutely beautiful.

London, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kuala besut travel agents - are they ok?

Bit late for me now, I'm afraid! I've already been and come back. Ended up staying at the Impiani on the small island - it was just perfect - a tropical paradise! Would recommend to anyone.

4. Re: kuala besut travel agents - are they ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, October 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pulau Perhentian Besar