We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mulu Accomodation

Which Miri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mulu Accomodation

I was in Mulu in July 2011, owing to the scarcity of available accommodation at the Park HQ i managed to track down the email/ phone contacts to the a few home-stays and the Benarat Lodge. I eventually booked 3 days at the Benarat Lodge . I believe that the place is totally avoidable, while the staff is pleasant enough, the facilities are just too basic for them to have the audacity to charge US$45-60/ night, the electricity goes of after midnight and during a warm night, its unbearable, especially if you've planned some heavy trekking/caving activities for the next day. I paid the equivalent of US$60 / night and its simply not worth it. Additionally its a good 1.5km from the park HQ, which means your going to fork out MYR5-10 each way back and forth......a more practical option is to pay roughly MYR15-40/night, for home-stays just outside the Park HQ, where most seasoned tourists stay..Its lively, has good food, has electricity 24x7 and just outside the HQ..However if your not used to roughing it out, then you can book yourself at the Royal Mulu Resort which is at ~UD105/ night. But if your lucky and you able to book the park HQ accommodation, then the best thats available is the US$70/night Garden Bungalow which is simply lavish and its probably the best available at this point.......i heard that the Royal Mulu Resort was bought over by Marriott and was soon to be transformed into a 5 star property...so then i'm sure you can expect to pay US$200+ ......Happy holidaying

1. Re: Mulu Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 12, 2012