We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabah Tours

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Sabah Tours

I will be travelling to Sabah in January 2014 . I am looking for recommendations for Day tours out of Kota Kinabalu and also wanting to go to Sandakan to see the Orang Tuan Centre and do the river cruise. I am happy to do a 3 or 4 day tour. Also want to do Kinablau Park. Any suggestions or recommendations for accommodation in KK. I am an active 62 year old female so safety is an issue for me as I will be travelling on my own for this part of my trip.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,095 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabah Tours

I use Downbelow when I need to arrange a tour. I used them as recently as last week. They should be able to help you.

www.divedownbelow.com/sabah-travel-centre/

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabah Tours

I have been reading that it is hard to book tours with local tour guides when not in the country, in particular when it comes to payment. Is it better to just wait and see what tours I can arrange once I am in Sabah. Thanks.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabah Tours

Hi krys51,

accommodation very much depends on your budget. If you could spare around USD80 per night, then Horizon or Jesselton Hotel is pretty good choice.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,095 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sabah Tours

I have never had any trouble booking with local tour companies before arriving in Sabah. Some tours need to be booked well in advance due to limited accommodation. An example is Turtle Island and depending on your budget the Kinabatangan River. I have never had any payment issues with Downbelow.

5. Re: Sabah Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 18, 2014