We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

Which Sandakan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thornby
4 posts
Save Topic
Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

I am travelling to borneo in september, staying in the magellan sutera. I would like to go the sandakan and sepilok, my travel operator has qouting us ã99 each for the full day tour, is it possible to get this much cheaper of booked once there?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

Hi MrsHanafin!, Magellan Sutera is in Kota Kinabalu, so the GBP99 quoted, is by air or road to Sandakan.

Let me give you some indication, then you can decide if your tour operator is giving you a good bargain.

Return airfare: Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan: RM216.00

Full day tour of Sandakan tour, including a visit to the water village, The Agnes Keith House and the Australian War Memorial and also Sepilok, by a renowed local agent, who has representative office in KK and also Sandakan :RM179.00

Total : RM395.00

In fact, with the advent of the Net, the airfare and the Sandakan/Sepilok tour can be done online with the respective company.

Thornby
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

Thanks mKiaratravel, your information definately helped. If you could recommend the name of the company I can book this with that woul dbe of great help!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

Mrs Hanafin, before I state the company name, I must prequalify so that TA is aware that this disclosure is not an advertisement or solicitation of any kind.

Disclosure of said company is done on the basis, that it is one reliable tour company which provide travellers to Borneo with an enriching experience.

Mrs.Hanafin, this is the website:-

www.borneoecotours.com/tours/details.asp…

Do take note, there is an overnight stay in this package at the Turtle island chalet; this is to ensure you will catch sight of the turtles and also provision of meals.

If possible, do give them a call to clarify any matters, and negotiate for the price. The price on the Net is just indicative. I am certain you will get a better price than your agent back home, as there is a bona fide commission included in your price for the agent; whereas, going direct to the local company, it is one to one, and there is no third party involvement.

Have a fun time watching the orang utan and Turtles. Do not forget your swimsuit, the ocean waters at the Turtles island is very clear; at knee deep level, one can still see one's feet. I went to the Selingan island.

Thornby
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

thank you for your help, I will definatley look into it.

italy
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

Hi... Which is the air company flying directly from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan?

Thornby
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

I have just looked into the flights, Malaysia Airlines fly from kota kinabalu to sandakan. I hope this helps!

Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

hi there, i went to sabah before and i particularly like to stay in sandakan. the people are very friendly and the food was very good to. i was actually staying at sepilok jungle resort in sandakan, the room was ok , it was facing the forest view with a private balcony. the good thing about this resort is it's just 5 mins walk to the sepilok orang utan centre. the staff there were very helpful , in fact they help us to arrange all the tours at a reasonable price. perhaps you can try to view their website at www.sepilokjungleresort.com

hope u enjoy your tour to sabah.

Banglamung
Level Contributor
2 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

Hi

we (2 pax with a kid) are travelling to Sabah on 21July staying 2 nights at KK (Promenade Hotel) and 2 nights in Sandakan (Sabah Hotel) using a rented car to go from KK to SK and back. Would like to get some suggestions which places are a must to see.

Thanks in advance.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

Samut, besides what was suggested, since you will be driving from KK to Sandakan, along the way on route A4, you could visit, in this order:

1) Rafflesia Forest reserve;

2). Head to town of Tuaran; if it is a Sunday, do not miss the morning colourful market and enjoy a bowl of Tuaran mee. there are several ceramics factories here;

3). Then back to a big roundabout, where you take the turn to Ranau;

4), From Ranau, futher up about 15 kms, is Poring Hot Springs;

5). Then it is time for the long drive, towards Sandakan, passing the town of Telupit, Kampung Maynod

London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandakan and sepilok orangutan sanctury

Good afternoon,

I am thinking about coming to SABA or the surrounding area for my Honeymoon next year - can you recommend a great hotel in the area

Many thanks