We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sepilok

Which Sandakan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sepilok

We are catching a flight from KK that lands in Sandakan at 2 pm. Would we be able to comfortably reach Sepilok in time for the afternoon feeding or would it be too much of a rush? Is there anywhere to leave bags there if we went straight from the airport?

We had planned to visit it a few days later after returning from Lankayan, but I'm now getting tempted by the Proboscis Monkey sanctuary and would like to fit that in that day.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
299 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sepilok

Sepilok is only about a 16km from the airport, an approximate 20 minute drive, so you should be OK to make the 3pm feeding, provided everything goes smoothly.

Big, palm oil trucks sometimes slows down traffic on the road that is only 2 lanes once you get out of Sandakan proper, so get going as soon as you can.

Not sure about left luggage facilities at the airport.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sepilok

Hi,

Maybe do Sepilok and Labuk Bay on the same day when you return rom Lankayan.. totally doable see this thread with info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303997-i9921-k426…

I would say you will be too rushed to try to get to Sepilok at 3 if you land at 2 (hoping that your flight is even on time.....) Plus traffic which can be hideous!

Enjoy Lankayan heaven!

- K

Sandakan, Malaysia
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sepilok

Hi there...

since you will only arrive sandakan by 2 pm so it will be quiet rush if you go for the afternoon feeding of the orang utan but for the proboscis monkey sanctuary i think no problem since they have a 4.30 pm feeding & from sandakan airport you can go directly only takes you about 1 hour 15 min drive. Better if you can hire a car with drive that can pick you up directly from airport to the proboscis monkey sanctuary. maybe you can try to mail mazlan7493@yahoo.com & ask for a quotation price....

hope this help you with your planning trip....

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sepilok

Thanks for your help everyone. Unfortunately we didn't manage to get in at Lankayan and have rearranged out itinerary to know be able to fit in Sepilok and Lankayan comfortably.

5. Re: Sepilok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, October 22, 2012