We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way car hire charges?

Which Sandakan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
212 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
One way car hire charges?

Hi All,

I am just starting to plan our trip for later this year. So far the plan is to fly in from Kuala Lumpur to Sandakan, go to Sakau for 2 nights, on to Sepilok for 2 nights and then to Lankayan island for 2 nights (my partner really wanted to go to turtle island, but i have been put off by the reports, what are the chances of turtles at Lankayan)?

Our last holiday was in China and as everything is so spread out we spent much of our time in airports catching internal flights, although everything went smoothly we would like to avoid airports as much as possible this holiday! We would like to drive from Sandakan when we return from Lankayan island to the Rasa Ria resort via Mt Kinabalu. Doe anyone know if we would be charged a one way hire fee to pick up the car in Sandakan and drop off in Kota Kinabalu? We have in the USA a few times before and the charges have been steep!

thank you very much!

KK
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: One way car hire charges?

Hi there,

Just wanted to clarify if you are planning to self drive or charter a car?

Number in the group?

Basically, it will cost about Rm 180-200 if you travel with the MPV type car as it will usually depart upon getting sufficient passanger, or you can hire the whole "kereta sewa".

London
Level Contributor
212 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One way car hire charges?

Hi KKays,

Many thanks for your reply, we were planning to drive ourselves.

Carrie.

3. Re: One way car hire charges?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, November 10, 2009