We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to Sabah and want to visit Turtle Island

Which Sandakan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip to Sabah and want to visit Turtle Island

Am travelling to Borneo in September and we want to work out how best to fit in a trip to Turtle Island. We are planning on spending 3 nights in KK before then staying at Turan and want to possibly go to Turtle for a night between the two locations. Is this realistic? Would we fly, bus or go by ferry or other sea transport. Have been reading the reviews on this Island and don't want to miss out. Would love some advice on this. Also, having trouble finding out how to book into the accommodation.

kinabatangan
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip to Sabah and want to visit Turtle Island

Going to turtle is only for 1 night activities , shortly but worth . Exciting trip ! . I have a strong feeling that ure joining Wildlife Expedition on your trip but not very sure to do transfer land via KK by air our ground , by sea - totally cannot .

this is your word

"We are planning on spending 3 nights in KK before then staying at Turan and want to possibly go to Turtle for a night between the two locations"- i guess the other Island was Libaran Island . - TELL ME IF IM WRONG.

by the way let me help ur with the bus -

Its mostly spend 6hrs via KK to Sandakan .Passing by Highland of Kinabalu to east cost. The price is RM30 last week , but oil price rise very shock not really sure now a day . Attach with toilet and stop over for lunch at middle of the trip - ( lunch is include ur ticket price - FREE ). Im highly recomend u go with TUNG MA bus COMPANY . Very punctual , discipline and PUNCTUAL .

BY the AIR - 45 minute flight .Go with first flight

and should be arrived at Sandakan around 7.40 am , took a taxi 30min drives to Crystal Quest Jetty . Boat will depart at 10.00am to the Island .

london
Level Contributor
924 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip to Sabah and want to visit Turtle Island

Hi

The owners of Sepilok Jungle Resort run various short package trips which include a night on Turtle Island. I travelled with them in April, was very happy with the service and loved Turtle Island.

If you google Sepilok Jungle Resort and follow the link you should be able to book a stay.

Hope this helps !

3. Re: Planning a trip to Sabah and want to visit Turtle Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, September 30, 2009