We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sepilok and lankayan

Which Sandakan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stafford
Level Contributor
37 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Sepilok and lankayan

we are planning a trip to malaysia and would love to see the orangs and turtles

lankayan dive resort looks gorgeous. how do you book this accommodation?

We are happy to make our own arrangements without guided tours involved. we would like to just arrange flights transfers and our stay.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sepilok and lankayan

Hi

this is what you seek.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sepilok and lankayan

whoops forgot the link

this is what you seek (honestly)

http://www.dive-malaysia.com/index.html

stafford
Level Contributor
37 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sepilok and lankayan

thanks for getting back so quickly

have you been there? We are not divers but would enjoy snorkelling and are desperate to see the turtles. This island looks like the perfect place to do both

is it best to book a package to include flights from KL or KK

or is it best to arrange the flights and then book accomm only?

4. Re: Sepilok and lankayan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:48 am, April 04, 2008
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sepilok and lankayan

We just finished making a booking at Lankayan. We got repeated advice to book directly with the resort.

PULAU SIPADAN RESORT & TOURS SDN. BHD.

(Co No. 190571-V) KKKP/PL: 2536

email (direct) : miko@sipadan-kapalai.com

email (general) : psrt@po.jaring.my

Tel : + 6 089 765200, Fax : + 6 089 750752 / 763563

We dealt with Miko there (email address above).

We booked our flights ourselves on AirAsia -- KUL-SDK and back. There is a 1025am flight back from SDK. The advice we have gotten is that allows plenty of time to make the flight after taking the 7am boat off the island.

The booking with the resort included all airport transfers.

Also, I highly recommend you check out Downbelow Marine and Wildlife Adventures (http://www.downbelow.co.uk/). They were exceptionally helpful in offering us advice. I thought they were a UK-based company doing packages to Sabah. Turns out they are based in Kota Kinabalu. If I ever go back, I will do business with them.

Best of luck!

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sepilok and lankayan

One more thing...

I understand PULAU SIPADAN RESORT & TOURS SDN. BHD. owns the Sepilok Nature Resort. So, when we made our booking, we asked for advice on seeing the Orangutan sanctuary. They offered to do it for us (or not).

So, in one booking they have handled all ground transfers, all lodging and a guide for Sepilok.

If you want to go to Sepilok as well, Miko can make all the land arrangements for you.

Best of luck!

SoCal
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sepilok and lankayan

Hi-

We're doing Lankayan and Sepilok in January '09. I tried to book directly through the resort as I had read, but they were completely non-responsive to my repeated emails. I'm not sure why, but this was endlessly frustrating. I ended up booking through www.divetheworldmalaysia.com and had an easy experience.

I'm glad someone else is doing this! It looks sooooo fabulous and we can't wait. I would love to hear your booking experiences. If you end up going before me, please post full reviews so I can get even more excited! :)

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sepilok and lankayan

I am sorry my suggestion did not work out for you. That is very strange and opposite from our experience. Miko was very helpful and responsive to us. We emailed questions almost every evening (US east coast) for a week and finally our confirmation. Almost without fail we had a response the next morning. We never waited more than a two days for a response.

We will be there in a few weeks. I will definitely post a review and pictures upon our return.

9. Re: Sepilok and lankayan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 pm, August 18, 2008
Sandakan, Sabah...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sepilok and lankayan

Yes, Sepilok Nature Resort and Lankayan Island Dive Resort are under the same company - PULAU SIPADAN RESORT & TOURS SDN. BHD. It would be easier to do your booking with them then. Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre is actually a walking distance from the Sepilok Nature Resort.

And I'd been to Lankayan Island twice continuous years and will be going again this June. It is heavenly beautiful there and I'm sure you would love it! No regrets.