We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandakan Hotel

England
1 post
Save Topic
Sandakan Hotel

Hi there,

please can any one reccomend a Hotel to stay in Sandakan for a couple of nights, Yamman.

perth
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandakan Hotel

I cant think why anyone would want to stay in Sandakan cos it is a s*%#hole but I have stayed at London Hotel last year. It was clean and dirt cheap, about 65MR for 2people. It is backpacker style.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandakan Hotel

check hotels on Sabah Tourism site http://www.sabahtourism.com/

Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandakan Hotel

Most popular hotels for tourists are Sabah Hotel, which takes about 10-15 minutes drive to town. Another one is Sandakan Hotel, which is located in town area. Sandakan is just a small town, so nothing much to see or do, unless if you go for city tour where you will normally go to the Chinese temple, Sim Sim Water Villlage and St Michaels church. In town itself, nothing much to see or do.

Darwin Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandakan Hotel

Have stayed twice at the Sabah Hotel and will be back there again next month. Best rate I've been able to find is about RM250/night through pinganchorage.com.my It's a nice hotel with a great pool area and outdoor restaurant. It's about 20 minutes by car to Sepilok, and about 5 minutes into the centre of town. War Memorial is worth a visit, and the golf course is fantastic.

5. Re: Sandakan Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, August 24, 2009