We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

closure of orangutan sanctury

Which Sandakan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cumbria
2 posts
Save Topic
closure of orangutan sanctury

I am planning to visit Borneo, but not until Feb or March 2008. I have been making enquiries about visiting the orangutan sanctury, but have been told that it is closing down. Does anyone know if this is true and if so when it is closing.

Franschhoek, South...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: closure of orangutan sanctury

Hi BellaHarri

Which sanctuary are you referring too, the one in Sepilok? I haven't heard any rumours of a closure.

There was however, a few months back, a storm there and they were forced to temporarily close the main feeding platform - but they were still operational as guests were taken to the nursery instead.

As far as I know they did emergency repairs and I think they're back to 100% again. Is that perhaps what you've stumbled across?

2. Re: closure of orangutan sanctury

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, August 26, 2009