We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glowing Plankton?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Glowing Plankton?

Hi,

I'll be visiting Pulau Pangkor in March and read on a few sites that there are places on the island where you can swim with the glowing blue plankton at night:

"Pangkor has a lot to offer also to bird watchers- among many interesting species, amazing hornbills can be easily spotted. Put the cherry on top with having a night swim-being surrounded by blue glowing plankton feels like dancing with stars."

Has anyone ever seen or done this there? If so, which beach and how far out did you have to go? I would love to swim in a glowing sea so hopefully this is something that I can do on my visit.

Thanks!

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glowing Plankton?

Hi Hornbills are almost everywhere.

Just head for the tree line along the beach in the late afternoon and you will be sure to see some.

As for the fluoresecent plankton I have not heard about that but I find this an excellent site for info on the island :

http://www.pulau-pangkor.com/

malaysia
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glowing Plankton?

Check our Pulau Sembilan as they are famous of plankton now. I did saw plankton in Part dickson and pangkor 'few years back' . almost 12 years back... not Pulau Sembilan is the hitto place.

3. Re: Glowing Plankton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, April 07, 2016