We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel has the best snorkeling direct from beach?

london - uk
Level Contributor
215 posts
136 reviews
Which hotel has the best snorkeling direct from beach?

HI All

We are comparing hotels in Tioman - can anyone advise which ones have the best snorkeling directly from the hotel?

I have read that some dont have great swimming beaches and some are rocky - so would be grateful for any advice. We have mid to high budget (Japamala is too expensive for us though)

Thanks

23 replies to this topic
Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
21. Re: Which hotel has the best snorkeling direct from beach?

If it's not too late.. north of Paya, just a 20min easy trek through the jungle you arrive to the turtle sanctuary. Beautiful corals, and you can see turtles, reef sharks, stingrays and lots of "Nemos", always nice for kids. No notable current and no rocks, just sandy beach and corals. Enter at the south part of the beach. Have fun!

3 posts
22. Re: Which hotel has the best snorkeling direct from beach?

Hey guys, I 'm from Vietnam and first trip to Malaysia.

I will stay at Juara Beach resort and they inform us that the resort only have snorkling service :(.So sad.

Can you recommend some activities on beach or discovering anyelse ?

Many thanks from Vietnam

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
23. Re: Which hotel has the best snorkeling direct from beach?

we were at Berjaya last week. apart from the snorkelling, there were many day trips you can choose from, as well as island hopping. on the beach there was also kayaking and paddle boating. you could also play beach volleyball. rates were not too expensive. happy travels!

Reply to: Which hotel has the best snorkeling direct from beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted