We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changi Airport to Mersing.

Which Pulau Tioman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harold Wood
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Changi Airport to Mersing.

We are travelling to Tioman in early March and Was just wondering if anyone had any contacts or info regarding the journey from Changi airport to Mersing. Our flight arrives at 17.00 and we have our hotel booked in Mersing for an overnight stay before we catch our pre booked ferry to Tioman. We are not too adventurous and would prefer the easiest route possible, preferably by direct coach or Taxi. We were disappointed when we unable to fly to Tioman, but the days which we arrive and leave do not coincide with the flight schedules. I have looked at several options but cannot get any definite answers. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Changi Airport to Mersing.

You can catch bus from Lavender Bus Stations to Mersing.

www.pulautioman.com.my/Howtogetthere.html

Here the link from Changi airport to Lavender Bus stations.

smrt.com.sg/trains/images/All_CCL_CLE_System…

For other option,you can take bus from Larkin Bus station at Johor Bharu,mean you have to cross border from Changi airport to Chou Chu Kang MRT station and then take bus 170 and stamp out your passport at Johor Bharu.

Taxi will cost you too expensive.

I`m not sure either you can reach to Mersing on same day because you touch down bit late. My advise,you can cancel your hotel booking at Mersing and overnight at Johor Bharu or Singpore .Next morning you can catch bus to Mersing and reach there on same day.

17.00pm. Arrival at Changi Airport

18.00pm..Immigration & Custom Clearance

19.00pm MRT Changi to Levander Bus Station ( check night bus availability )

If no bus service on night,i recommend to Johor Bharu and overnight then catch early morning bus at Larkin bus stations to Mersing jetty.

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changi Airport to Mersing.

very gud input redang islands.....

thanks a lots

Overland-Transfer

Edited: 8:20 am, January 23, 2012
Harold Wood
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changi Airport to Mersing.

Thank you for your reply. Very much appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changi Airport to Mersing.

I agree. It's about 6 hours by bus/coach so I guess 5 hours for a car. You won't arrive in Mersing until midnight and then you'll have to get up early for the ferry... Add to that jet lag and you'll be feeling pretty awful!

We decided to stay in KL for a night, then catch the first bus to Mersing but I wouldn't advise that as our bus was delayed and we ended up having to stay a night in Mersing (which is a nice place) but that meant we missed an extra day on Tioman.

Heading for Johor Bahru is a good idea, not sure what the place is like as we only went through it on our way to Singapore but it looked ok. It's very close to Mersing and the journey to Johor Bahru might be quicker than the journey to Mersing.

Harold Wood
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changi Airport to Mersing.

Im getting a little panicy now, as I really thought that it would be quite straight forward. would really like to be put in touch with a taxi company to find out the cost of the trip directly from the airport to Mersing.

Harold Wood
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changi Airport to Mersing.

thank you faceman01. where did you stay on Tioman?. we're staying at japamala. really looking forward to it. Just wish the journey was sorted.

Edited: 9:20 pm, January 23, 2012
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
989 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changi Airport to Mersing.

Hi,

If you can charter a transport direct from Changi to Mersing town, my estimation you can reach Mersing around 930- 10pm. Not too bad since you already booked a stay. The ride from JB city itself by car to Mersing is nearly 2 hrs, about 140km of curved hilly roads. JB city and metro area are well developed.

Harold Wood
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changi Airport to Mersing.

Many thanks for your help.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changi Airport to Mersing.

Redangisland is right on. If money is no object, I would get a cab from the airport and then grab a Malaysian taxi from Queen St which will take you directly to Mersing. Will run you 150 SD. This is a long trip. If there were a way to rerack and fly from Changi, I would recommend it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changi Airport to Mersing.

Hi, we stayed in Salang, then Juara, then finally Berjaya resort for a few nights.

Loved the island, make sure you go to Juara. We thought this was the best beach on the island.

We wanted a relaxing island holiday as we'd been travelling on and off for the previous year and a half. Tioman is lovely, great beaches and good diving!

Definitely do the round the island speedboat trip.