We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Serena Mountain lodge and Nairobi

Trivandrum, Kerala...
3 posts
Save Topic
Distance between Serena Mountain lodge and Nairobi

01. What is the distance between Serena Mountaqin lodge and Nairobi? How long will it take to reach Nairobi international airport from Serena?

02. If I stay in "The Ark", how long will it take to reach Nairobi international airport?

5 replies to this topic
nyc
Level Contributor
14,478 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Serena Mountain lodge and Nairobi

Drive time is about 2.5/hrs if no road/traffic issues, then once in Nairobi whatever times it takes to get to the Int'l airport.

If getting to NBO/JKIA is for an international flight out of NBO, remember check-in/security is minimum 2.5/hrs prior departure which you also have to allow for.

Personally, I'd give myself minimum 6/hrs for the drive to NBO and airport check-in... better to have time to spare than being late and/or missing flight.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between Serena Mountain lodge and Nairobi

I think 2 1/2 hrs is about right, but note that if you're coming direct from Mountain Lodge to JKIA you won't go into Nairobi at all, but use the new Eastern Bypass, turning left at Ruiru (half way between Thika and Nairobi) and going straight to the airport. You won't touch the Nairobi-Mombasa road at all.

For The Ark, add half an hour.

Richard

Trivandrum, Kerala...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between Serena Mountain lodge and Nairobi

Thanks Richard. I am visiting Kenya during last week of august and Serena Mountain lodge is suggested by my travel agent. My idea was to stay in The Ark, but the said it is full during the days I'm there. Anyways thanks alot.

Trivandrum, Kerala...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance between Serena Mountain lodge and Nairobi

Thanks for your advice. You have mentioned 2 1/2 Hrs is only required to reach International airport, Nairobi. Then why 6 hrs?

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance between Serena Mountain lodge and Nairobi

Traffic is always unpredictable. If my flight was at 8pm, I'd want to be at the airport by 6pm, even if I'd already checked in online. I would then allow 4 hours travel time, assuming the journey without delays or stops takes 2 1/2 hrs, and allowing for some delays and stops. Hope that makes sense.

Richard

Reply to: Distance between Serena Mountain lodge and Nairobi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aberdare National Park