We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

We`ve just read an article about so called "farm stays" in the Mount Kenya and Aberdares region, which sounds quiete interesting and saw pictures of a new lodge called "Rhino Watch Safari Lodge", which apparently is both close to Aberdare NP and Solio Game Reserve and looks really cosy with nice views of Mt Kenya.

Has anyone got any infos regarding this new lodge or even stayed there and can tell us a little about it?

How was the accomodation? Food and service? Activities options?

Is it situated in a quiet and peaceful area?

Thanks in advance for any advice regarding this lodge or other "farm stay" options in this area would be much appreciated!

Annika&Peter

9 replies to this topic
Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

Hi Annika & Peter,

Sorry, I don't know anything about Rhino Watch but can highly recommend Sandai if you're looking for a farm stay in the same area.

Is this for your upcoming trip?

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

I agree with Patty. Sandai is lovely, extremely friendly. Rhino Watch is new to me, and doesn't seem to have a website.

Richard

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

Hi,

just for some informations, here is their website: kenya-wildlife-safari.com/kenya_safari_engl/…

Bye

Chrissy

Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

Thanks Patty, Richard and Chrissy for the suggestions! We`ll have a look at both Sandais and Rhino Watchs homepages!

If anyone has anymore infos on these two properties above or other "farm stays" in this area, please let us know!

Annika&Peter

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

Annika

Take a look at Colobus Cottages, which are the Naro Moro to Nanyuki road. Very nice little set-up that was just opening when I visited in 2009.

It's self-catering chalets. They're well located for Mt Kenya and Ol Pejeta.

http://www.colobuscottages.com/

Richard

Nairobi, Kenya
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

Hi Annika and Peter Rhino watch is a new property 3minutes away from solio Ranch,10 minutes away from Aberdare National park and 45 minutes drive from sweet waters or Aberdare.

Rhino watch lodge has 7chalets and 7 tents.from the chalets you have the view to mount kenya from the chalets.

if you have any questions please contact us on rhinowatch@gmail.com

kendy

Rhinowatch Safari Lodge

Nairobi, Kenya
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

Hi Annika and Peter Rhino watch is a new property 3minutes away from solio Ranch,10 minutes away from Aberdare National park and 45 minutes drive from sweet waters or Aberdare.

Rhino watch lodge has 7chalets and 7 tents.from the chalets you have the view to mount kenya from the chalets.

if you have any questions please contact us on rhinowatch@gmail.com

kendy

Rhinowatch Safari Lodge

Nairobi, Kenya
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

I saw the pictures and at first thought no......... Later decided to check out the place and it was lovely I liked it. Has tents and chalets with glass doors and great view. Its a lovely view. They have a website http://www.rhinowatchlodge.com/

Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?

It looks like that the Lodge is listed twice in tridadvisor. See the latest comments

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g616012-d2…

Edited: 12:56 pm, October 14, 2012
Reply to: Rhino Watch Safari Lodge close to Aberdare NP?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted