We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wadi Rum solo female traveler

Berlin, Germany
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wadi Rum solo female traveler

Hi,

I wanted to spend one day/night at Wadi Rum this April. Can anyone recommend a tour company or camp site where I could stay with other travelers (solo or group)? I would rather avoid a potentially awkward situation of being completely alone with a tour guide in the desert...

thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum
Al Aqabah Governorate, Jordan
CT
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wadi Rum solo female traveler

Hiya Yvonne! Desert EcoTours, as was already suggested, und Rum Stars have good reviews upon the forums. I would search through trip reports upon the Jordan forum to see which other Bedouin tours have good reviews. Contact a few of the groups to discuss joining tour groups as a single traveler und for pricing und itineraries.

Hope this helps as a start. Others will give you more insight soon. Cheers!

Edited: 10:55 am, February 15, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wadi Rum solo female traveler

It is a bit early to enquire about joining other people. Most tourists reserve a week or two ahead; so the guides cannot give you a reliable idea now of the position in April. They would ask you to phone them a day or so before you come, and then can probably tell you if they have other bookings or not.

In April there is a good chance that you can join others.

As far as spending the night is concerned, the reputable guides will not usually leave a female alone (with a Bedouin) in their camp, but would phone around to find a colleague who has other clients and where she can spend the night in the company of others.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
23 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wadi Rum solo female traveler

Hi Yvonne - I too highly recommend Rum Stars. They are very reputable and as a solo female traveller you would have absolutely no concerns. When I visited them there was a Spanish gal who did two nights and her first night was solo as there were no other guests (it was January so the slowest season). Rum Stars are very accommodating and will respond to your questions very quickly. www.rumstars.com and can tell you if you will be with other guests which is almost certain as it is getting to be the busy season in Wadi Rum. I'm sure there are other companies that would be fine too, but I know Rum Stars from personal experience.

Mentioned in this post
Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum
Al Aqabah Governorate, Jordan
Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wadi Rum solo female traveler

Hello

i am a Bedouin living in Petra and wadi Rum we have our camp in wadi rum never the camp come full of tours so if you not yet find place to stay you are welcome just let us know .

Amman, Jordan
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wadi Rum solo female traveler

Hi,

you should no worries traveling alone in Jordan its very safe, but you have be sure which company you are traveling with, because most of the travel agencies in Jordan they know there drivers and tour guide very well.

also it depends on the the date your are traveling, March and April and May usually is busy season Jordan so you wont be alone in the desert.

Rod Hosh

Limo Service Agency

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
6. Re: Wadi Rum solo female traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:55 am, July 29, 2014
7. Re: Wadi Rum solo female traveler

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:08 pm, February 12, 2017
8. Re: Wadi Rum solo female traveler

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 31, 2015