We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More time in Wadi Rum or Beida (little Petra)

Tokyo, Japan
10 posts
Save Topic
More time in Wadi Rum or Beida (little Petra)

I'm planning to travel Jordan in the beg. Oct for 10 days by myself and asking several agencies to work on my itinerary. On my 6th day, after two full days in Petra, my plan is to transfer to Beida (Little Petra) and head to Wadi Rum to join a 5-hour jeep tour (and over night at the camp). On the 7th day I'll be heading to Dead Sea from the morning and stop by at Dana for 2-3 hours hiking(guided). By going through this forum, I'm now thinking to change the Wadi Rum tour to a full day tour (instead of 5hrs). Now my question is, is Beida worth going (worth cutting my time in Wadi Rum)? How about Dana hiking? If I cut both Beida and Dana, I would have two full days in Wadi Rum. Which would you recommend? Especially, for those who went both Wadi Rum and Dana, appreciate your opinion. Thanks a lot.

Wadi Rum Nomads - Day Tours
Hiking & Camping Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Real Bedouin Experience Day Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours
Classic Wadi Rum Tours - Private Day Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wadi Rum Magic Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: More time in Wadi Rum or Beida (little Petra)

Hi Taro,

Welcome to Jordan

Little Petra not far from Petra ( Wadi Musa ), it is only 10 minutes, and you will not need more than 45 minutes to visit, so it will not take that much from your time.

In Wadi Rum, do you want do hiking there or just visit it by 4x4 jeep? If you want see it by 4x4 then the 5hrs will be enough to see most of the sites. But if you want do the hike and 4x4 jeep will need more 7-8hrs, or depend of where you want go and hike.

From Wadi Rum to Dana 2hrs and half, then from Dana to Dead Sea you need about 2hrs, so total 4hrs and half (drive ). If you start from Wadi Rum at 8:00am then you will have at least 4hrs hiking in Dana nature reserve before you go to Dead Sea.

My suggestion:

6th at 8:00am: Petra - Little Petra ( Beida ) Wadi Rum ( You will arrive Wadi Rum around 11:00am ).

7th at 8:00am: Wadi Rum - Dana - Dead Sea

Jordan Beauty Tours

Level Contributor
3,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More time in Wadi Rum or Beida (little Petra)

Little Petra is a nice small site but it's better to visit it before you visit "big" Petra. Afterwards it is usually a bit of a disappointment because you've seen bigger and more impressive in Petra.

Wadi Rum is definitely worth a full day, it's an amazingly beautiful desert. Sunset half October is around 6 PM so if you leave Wadi Musa early enough and even if you would decide to visit Little Petra that morning you can still do more than 5 hours per jeep.

Dana is a very beautiful nature reserve so if you have the time for it I wouldn't cut this part. If you only have 2 or 3 hours there your choice of trail is limited to the Village tour or the Nawatef Trail starting from Dana Village and the Rummana trail or Cave Trail starting from the Rummana Campsite (see www.rscn.org.jo)

Enjoy your stay !

Tokyo, Japan
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: More time in Wadi Rum or Beida (little Petra)

Thank you for your replies. I'll try both Dana and the little Petra:)

4. Re: More time in Wadi Rum or Beida (little Petra)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 21, 2013