We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqaba to Petra via wadi rum

Which Wadi Rum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva Switzerland
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Aqaba to Petra via wadi rum

On April 7, I will be traveling from Aqaba to Petra. I would like to spend 4 or 5 hours enroute at Wadi Rum. I have visited Western United States several times and Morocco, so I am not interested in staying overnight. I do not intend to rent a car, is it possible to do this via taxi or public transportation?

Aqaba
Level Contributor
503 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqaba to Petra via wadi rum

Hi,

From Aqaba you can get to Wadi Rum by public transport but the bus between Wadi Rum and Petra only runs in the morning so you will need a taxi there.

As there are no taxis in Wadi Rum you will have to catch one that brings people from Petra.

Maybe you should ask the Visitor Center to arrange a cab for you by the time you get back from your desert trip.

The fare normally is around JD35 between WR and Petra.

More info: http://tinyurl.com/8pocnc

Geneva Switzerland
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqaba to Petra via wadi rum

thank you for your response, which is consistent with what i have been reading elsewhere. I think I might just rent a car in Aqaba, where I will return after visiting Petra. servoz

3. Re: Aqaba to Petra via wadi rum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, October 20, 2009